Open Letter to MIT Admissions

<p>Hello, I have a feeling I am the poster you referred to in your original post.</p>

<p>I think iceui2 summed it up pretty well</p>

<p>“Each year, there is only room for 1000 students - the school cannot admit everyone. For obvious reasons, they also cannot admit just foster kids, orphans, kids whose parents are refusing to pay for college, etc. There has to be a balance, and some people will be disappointed.”</p>

<p>Yes, life would be easier if I had just gotten in. I don’t blame MIT for not admitting me though. No admissions process is perfect and I don’t feel entitled to a spot at MIT, no matter what I’ve been through. Truthfully though, I’m not going to stop trying, even if it’s grad school.</p>

<p>I have nothing to feel but grateful toward the amazing people at MIT. They have given me something invaluable, they have given me hope. I’ll get through this, and so will you.</p>

<p>I’m going to share with you my view of life, the place from where I draw my strength. You may or may not wish to listen to me.</p>

<p>You know how sometimes, on a warm day, a cool breeze comes along? It just happens. Or it doesn’t happen. There is no schedule for it, no specific reason, nothing you can do to cause it. It feels awfully nice when it does happen. I don’t deserve it, or not deserve it. I can’t earn it. All I can do is be out there doing whatever I am doing, and enjoy it when it comes along. That is not to suggest you should be passive, not at all. Exactly the opposite. But you should allow life to happen. And have hope, never stop hoping, because hope is our fuel. If you ever want to just talk, please, PM me.</p>

<p>Here’s to many cool breezes.</p>