The tuition -> Why so much $$, so little in scholarship?

<p>I believe the issue is that there is much less money available for CCPA scholarships because of the mission of Roosevelt University in general. The philosophy of the school is to give an opportunity to lower income students from families who haven’t sent kids to college before to attend a 4 year, traditional school. Therefore merit and need-based money is used by more students in the non-performing arts than at other colleges. Talent awards are all that are available to CCPA kids, and those are smaller.</p>

<p>My D was offered significant merit money at other schools based on grades/SAT scores, but only a smaller talent award was offered by CCPA. Of course this is where she wanted to go! ;-)</p>

<p>I know that doesn’t help you financially, but maybe that will help you understand the reason behind it the lack of money offered.</p>

<p>And BTW, D loves CCPA. The quality of the teaching, the family-like, nurturing atmosphere, the curriculum, the opportunities available to theatre kids in Chicago both to see shows and internships, etc. and just the excitement of living there.</p>