TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Okay - it’s “timeline” time. The “holistic” review decisions are upon us and people keep asking “when.”

You can go back through last year’s thread if you want to see how things went down. It’s a good guide but nothing is set in stone.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2088998-tamu-class-of-2023-admission-decisions-discussion-p99.html

The link is to the the thread on 1/15/19 - and you can continue to read further - like in real time.

But - here is my quick recap from this time last year forward:
1/15 full admit decisions for engineering - both already admitted auto/academic and review candidates
1/23 full admit decisions for engineering - both already admitted auto/academic and review candidates
1/28 - Engineering academy offers
1/30 - Wave of review candidates to majors other than engineering
2/8 -Review candidates (would NOT call a wave) to majors other than engineering/College Station and academy engineering offers
2/14 Blinn TEAM
2/20 Blinn Team/Engineering Academies
2/26 - PSA
2/28 - Gateway
3/2 - PSA
and the PSAs continued through mid-March.

And remember it is a holistic review process. Past years, the conversation has digressed into “but my/my kid’s scores and rank etc are so much better than applicant X.”

TAMU says rigor, rank, test scores, extra curricular activities, talent and ability are all very important.

Essay, first gen, geographical residence, state, volunteer work and work experience are all important.

Level of interest - camps, tours, and recommendations are a lesser consideration than the majority of items considered for admission.