2013 Clean Official Boarding Decisions and Applicant Stats/ECs

<p><em>Modified for 2013</em>
Original credit goes to TomTheCat, and iAmMe77
Post nothing but your filled-in table. No extra banter, no nothing. Just your stats. This is for the good of all of us but mostly for CC's crowd next year.</p>

<p>To find your WEIGHTED and UNWEIGHTED GPA, go to Staples High School--Info--GPA Calculator</p>

<p>Remember, to make the code below work, you must delete the spaces within the brackets. Otherwise it will just appear as it does immediately below. The second decision line is for if you had different decisions from schools such as waitlisting or rejection.
If additional decision lines are not needed, delete them. If another is, simply copy and paste and change the color to red for rejections and blue for waitlists.</p>

<p>Make sure to preview your posts to make sure your code works!</p>

<p>[ size=+1][ color=green][ b] Decision: [ /b][ /color][ /size]
[ size=+1][ color=green][ b]Decision: [ /b][ /color][ /size]</p>

<p>[ b]Stats:[ /b][ list]
[ *] SSAT/ISEE/TOEFL/PSAT:
[ *] GPA Unweighted-Weighted:
[ *] Rank:
[ *] Other stats:
[ /list][ b]Subjective:[ /b][ list]
[ *] Essays:
[ *] Math Rec:
[ *] English Rec:
[ *] Other Rec Rec:
[ *] Principal/Counselor Rec:
[ *] Sports (if any):
[ *] Instruments (if any):
[ *] Other ECs (if any):
[ *] Hook (if any):
[ /list][ b]Location/Person:[ /b][ list]
[ *] State or Country:
[ *] Current School Type:
[ *] Ethnicity:
[ *] Gender:
[ *] Grade:
[ /list][ b]Other Factors:[ /b]
[ b]General Comments:[ /b]</p>

<p>PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY NON-STAT COMMENTS ON THIS THREAD</p>

<p>Here's an example of how it should look for a fictional boy named John Doe:
** Decision: Accepted at the St. Grottlesex Chades School of Gladchemmistry **
Stats:[ul]
[<em>] SSAT/ISEE/TOEFL/PSAT:SSAT/ISEE/TOEFL/PSAT: 100th Percentile (I'm the only one who got it)
[</em>] SSAT (2400+ 800 Extra Credit), 99th Percentile PSAT (2400)
[<em>] GPA Unweighted-Weighted:10/4-10.7/4
[</em>] Rank: 1 out of 1902340923904
[<em>] Other stats:Number 1 underwater basket weaver in the world, I performed really badly at nationals, this year so I missed the Olympics, but I made them when I was 10.
[/ul]Subjective:[ul]
[</em>] Essays: Probably good. I had a ton of people read them. They talked about my passion for underwater basket weaving, how I succeeded against all odds, the book I wrote about it, and the charity I started for inner city underwater basket weavers.
[<em>] Math Rec: Probably good because I know my teacher likes me as a student and respect my commitment to UBW
[</em>] English Rec: She loves me. Period.
[<em>] Principal/Counselor Rec: Probably good but I don't see him/her that much, except at the dinner table, because she's my mom.
[</em>] Other Rec: My coach, who I've made famous.
[<em>] Sports: UBW
[</em>] Instruments: Tuba, invented my own instrument that plays underwater, so I can practice while weaving.
[<em>] Other ECs: I'm a gladchemmist
[</em>] Hook (if any): URM, 500th generation legacy at all schools (yes, my family outlast the schools themselves), first in family to even enter a high school. Oh, and I'm an athletic recruit.
[/ul]Location/Person:[ul]
[<em>] State or Country: Wyoming, I feel this will put me at a disadvantage.
[</em>] Current School Type: Large Private
[<em>] Ethnicity: Black+Native American+Martian+Albino
[</em>] Gender: Male
[li] Grade: Applying for 9th[/li][/ul]Other Factors: [list] The entire admissions committee is related to me, and I'm personally on the school board.
Extracurriculars: ABOVE</p>

<p><strong><em>REMEMBER YOU HAVE TO TAKE OUT THE SPACES IN THE SAMPLE CODE FOR THIS TO WORK!!!</em></strong>
Remember, nothing but your filled-in table, please.</p>

<p>This… this is beautiful.
Can we have an internet round of applause for the wonderful organisation by Silverstag?</p>

<p>@CellyZ, haha thanks :)</p>

<p>@Silverstag</p>

<p>You killed me. It is so funny that I almost spilled my coffee. Well done. Appreciate your effort. Will put my sons stat when all the results come out. I only received one </p>

<p>Sent from my SHV-E160L using CC</p>

<p>Thanks, patronyork!</p>

<p>Could the moderator please pin this, instead of 2012’s Clean Stats? Thanks!</p>

<p>So much for clean xD But I do enjoy this.</p>

<p>Is the weighted-unweighted GPA for eighth grade or throughout your middle school career?</p>

<p>^ I’m going to calculate my overall GPA, okay? :)</p>

<p>Wow this thread is going to have long individual posts…</p>

<p>Good luck, everyone. :)</p>

<p>If you’re bored and angsty waiting for decisions, take a peek at the stats thread I made back in 2009, the year I got into Andover. Crazy to think that that was four years ago.</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/prep-school-admissions/665444-clean-official-boarding-decisions-applicant-stats-ecs.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/prep-school-admissions/665444-clean-official-boarding-decisions-applicant-stats-ecs.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Once again, good luck, everyone! Just know that no matter what happens, life goes on. You learn to roll with the punches. If anyone has any questions, ask here or PM me - I’d be glad to help. I remember how stressed out I was in the run-up to March 10, and I don’t imagine the pressure has lessened.</p>

<p>Tom, I remember following a lot of your posts when I was applying. Which college do you currently attend?</p>

<p>Silverstag, I’m going to second CellyZ… this is beautiful :’)</p>

<p>For those of you that want it, here are the results of this post from last year.</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/prep-school-admissions/1300729-2012-clean-official-boarding-decisions-applicant-stats-ecs.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/prep-school-admissions/1300729-2012-clean-official-boarding-decisions-applicant-stats-ecs.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>@Silverstag is is possible to put this link and TomtheCat’s link in the original post for others to find? I think it’s pretty helpful</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Let us do that this year as well!</p>

<p>Last year’s thread wasn’t much of a success since many of us felt deterred from posting, for whatever reason. Let’s get all the regs to post this year.</p>

<p>Also, is there a way to unpin last year’s thread and replace it with this one instead?</p>

<p>I promise I will, regardless if I get in anywhere or not! :)</p>

<p>I’ve already got everything filled out except for the decisions and the general comments! :smiley: So excited!</p>

<p>@MBVLoveless Moderators have to do that- we have no power. I wasn’t even aware that my thread last year was pinned until I checked a few months after March 10th</p>

<p>And we should ask a moderator to do it!</p>