ADs…every time I go back to main page

I understand ads support this site. But this started yesterday. I X out the ads on the main page and read…but every time I go back to that main page, there are two more ads at the bottom to X out.

I’m logged in…using IPad and Safari.

Why did this start. Here is a pic.

Agreed…I started getting these pop up ads as well. FWIW I find video ads particularly annoying.

4 Likes

Same here

Same here.

@CC_Mike at least I’m not the only one…what’s up?

Same for me too and the site is jumping around terribly today.

Yes…a lot,of page jumping around!

IMO, this site has great content but is borderline unusable. It’s a miserable user experience at best, due to the popups and difficult navigation between threads.

2 Likes

This shouldn’t be happening for members - lemme check into it and get back to you

UPDATE: I confirmed that this is not intended behavior. We’ll fix it and you’ll see the video and footer ads go away for registered members of trust level 2 and above.

6 Likes

Yes, two ads covered a pm I was typing up to send someone.

I now have the second ad going all the way across the bottom of my screen. I also can’t see the bottom of my drop down menu (which I was trying to use to find this thread).

Video ads on bottom right side and banner on bottom and left are still happening for me. Besides being annoying, the loading of ads is slowing down my computer. (Desktop, Chrome)

The font size seems to have gotten smaller in the past 24 hrs as well. Maybe that is to make more room for the ads. :roll_eyes:

We’re going to try and fix it overnight. Hopefully it will be back to normal in the morning. The font thing, however, may be the zoom setting on your browser. I don’t notice a change in font on my side.

2 Likes

Guess this didn’t get fixed overnight. I’m still getting the ads when I start on the page where the forums are listed (classic view).

But I’m not getting it repeatedly when I go back and forth like what happened yesterday.

Should I be getting these ads that block the bottom of the screen…at all? I’m logged in.

@CC_Mike

Me too. Android

No ads for me today

1 Like

Also no ads for me today.

I definitely have ads on my iPad (and loads so slow).

If you solve the issue with the ads, it might be nice to make the forum topics, threads, and sub-topics easier to navigate. Not fun trying to find information here; it used to be better.

@CC_Mike i think the extra ads are gone…

1 Like