Already used links

When I post on the UC boards, I get notified that someone already used the College Confidential link to the college (ie. the name UCLA or UCB). The notification makes it so that I can’t see the preview screen on the right. For example, I posted something on the UCLA discussion thread and received this " It looks like your link to talk.collegeconfidential.com was already posted in the topic by @10s4life in a reply on Aug 2, 2021 – are you sure you want to post it again?"

I literally just got that a few seconds ago. Same reference post. Wonder if it is a bug @lkg4answers

I think it is because CC automatically hyperlinks each college name. As soon as someone starts a thread and uses the college name, every other person who types the college name in that thread gets the warning.

It is really annoying in the long Class of 2026 threads because the warning makes it so that nothing appears in the preview pane on the right side. It is also a bit like the boy that cried wolf. If one gets a warning every time they type a college name, they eventually just ignore the warnings.

P.S. Welcome back @10s4life! You’ve been missed on the UCLA forum!