Brown University Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

This year, the Early Decision (ED) deadline for the Brown University is November 1.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

2 Likes

Chance me?

Male
Unweighted 3.9 Weighted: 4.8
-ACT: 34, took in February, first time
-12 AP classes and 7 Honors
-Boys State delegate
-Interviewed by and featured in county newspaper about my community project
-Certified as a Lab Tech at a university summer program on east coast
-In high school Medical Academy for 4 years, won various awards, student of the year, etc.
-NHS
-Junior Guard
-LOR from my high school Principle of large public school, 2 Teachers and Counselor
Major: pre-med

1 Like

Does Brown ask for senior quarter/mid term grades? Do we need to send it only when asked?

They do ask for it

There is no pre-med major at Brown.

There are many majors that the typical pre-med prerequisites fit into well. I"m sure that’s what they mean, they intend to apply to medical school and will take courses accordingly.

3 Likes

Just a reminder of Brown speak…

Concentrations are the term for areas of study or majors. Important you are consistent in your essays.

Good luck to everyone.

2 Likes

Yes, I have heard some schools send it on time, as it’s listed as a requirement in application portal some schools send when asked by AO etc.

“List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?”

Hello, I answered the original post as requested, but thank you for your insight.

Any news on the decision date?

1 Like

Last year was on the 16th at 7pm EST, so I’m expecting to hear back from them for ED around the same time. They usually send an email out about a few days prior to take the application checklist down to prepare to put decisions in.

1 Like

Stats:
4.0 unweighted GPA
act 35 sat 1500 sat (780m, 720e)
National merit
9 AP, 1 college class-multi variable calculus, rest honors
Neuroscience
School doesn’t rank
Lots of music
Some sports
Some volunteer, some leadership, no school clubs.

White middle class girl from remote state

I heard next week decisions come out

Wasn’t asked for IDOC, asked for grades-sent Dec 6.

Chances???

1 Like

Did they announce the decision date?

Did anyone get requests from IDOC? We did not.

We got an IDOC request

1 Like

Any knowledge of when decisions come out?

May I ask What is Idoc? Thanks!

2 Likes

So they actually would send u an email asking for it? I don’t think we were asked for anything, I remember the portal said when the senior grades are ready, ask conselor to send it when that is available. Our semester grade comes out in Jan, so we didn’t send in anything…

If they ask for senior grades, that at least means they are seriously looking into the case, I would take it as a good sign…

Did the admission office hint that results would come out next week? Then we have a long weekend ahead…

3 Likes