Claremont McKenna Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

This year, the Early Decision (ED) deadline for the Claremont McKenna College is November 1.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

ACT superscore is 35.

IB 0-7 scale, my average is about 6.0. My senior year avg is 6.4. No class rank is provided. I scored a 40/45 on my IB Diploma which puts me in the top ~20% of IB students in the November 2021 exam session (not sure if colleges I apply to will know this, and a 40+ used to be top 10%).

ECs:

• Led an enviro club for 2 years.
  • Member of our student government environmental branch.
  • Selected for a competitive sustainability leadership program. As an alum of this program, I was also selected for a 10-day research trip.
  • Volunteer lifeguard for 4 years. Active in the surf life-saving sports offered at my club (rarely competitive tho, more for fitness and staying engaged with the club off-season).
  • Founded the Pride movement at my school to add a more outward facing element to the (mostly student run) LGBTQ+ support system.
  • Created a website where students across the globe could share local perspectives on global issues. We brought together students and teachers from five schools (AU, UK, SA, NZ, CN).

Other ECs that I probs won’t include:

• Raised $3000 for reusable period products for a community in Nepal that our school has been supporting. We didn’t get to go due to COVID. We re-focused locally and donated them to a nearby mother support network.
  • Did after-school tree planting for three years; organized community beach clean-ups with an external org; did robotics for two years; did debate for two years.

For my gap year I had a full-time job from Feb-July as caller for our government’s COVID response. We mostly made first contact with covid-positive people and helped them with welfare or clinical needs so they could isolate safely. This became part-time in July. In July, I also took two courses at a nearby uni. This turned out to be a mistake because it may mean I’m not allowed to apply as a first-year to CMC (working this out with them).

I want to study Data Science AND Environmental Analysis or EEP.

It is definitely my first choice school at the moment.

Last year I unsuccessfully applied to Pomona, but I’ve since realized I’m probably a better match for the vibe and personality of CMC.

1 Like

Do you know how many percent of Fall Preview students got in in the past?

1 Like