Colleges your child crossed off the list after visiting, schools that moved up on the list. Why?

I am an Occidental alum (class of 1995). I majored in Diplomacy and World Affairs which is like Poli Sci with some extra course requirements. Fantastic program. School has an extreme liberal bent which your child may like. Jack Kemp is also a very notable alum (did not transfer unlike Obama).
It is a pretty small college so even during the school year will not seem very crowded compared to most of the other schools you toured. Toured Oxy four-five years ago with my older D and food looks WAY better than when I attended.

They also had fantastic speakers. I saw Maya Angelou, ambassador to Peru, Bill Press who was head of CA Democratic Party, Bill Horowitz (author), Jocelyn Elders (Health and Human Services under Pres Clinton) and more (pretty amazing considering I had a graduating class of about 300). Area has actually improved since I attended. Oxy side of Eagle Rock is much nicer than when I attended and other side still somewhat rough (but much safer than USC surrounding area).

Feel free to PM me if you would like.

7 Likes