Craig and Galen Brown Foundation - 2020

My family were finally able to have a somewhat coherent conversation … we got up at 4 am yesterday and did not get to bed until 2:00 this morning (return flight was REALLY late because of the storm) so I’m fuzzy all day.

Here is the info we have for this year’s Brown Scholarship:

700 students selected by A&M for the Brown Scholarship consideration. Mr. Brown and his wife personally read through them all (image the time and effort they had to put in), made invitations to 90-100 kids, and 50-55 scholarships will be awarded.

Among the 4 kids came from DFW to be interviewed yesterday, except my son, the other 3 were all new invites and recently notified. There were 6 “local” kids (assume from around Houston or Austin) interviewed yesterday also. More were interviewed today. It sounds like the interviews are still on-going, so don’t give up hopes yet if you are still waiting.

My son said Mr. Brown, Ms. Matthew, and his interviewer were all extremely nice, so tell your kids (or yourself) there is nothing to be nervous about. I was glad that I asked TxRunningMom about the attire … yes, please wear a complete set of suit (you don’t want to be the only one wearing jeans). After the interview, A&M has moved to my son’s top choice. :slight_smile:

I was really surprised when my son told me that Mr. Brown said he’ll get a “full scholarship” because I did not know there are different kinds of scholarships offered by Brown foundation.

Thank you for all your helps and good wishes! I really appreciate them.