CVS Nightmare- Is it a national phenomenon?

I’m not sure where to put this since it involves Riteaid instead of CVS.

I made an appointment for my booster today. I show up, no one other than me is at the pharmacy at 10am. There are 5 people working.

As I’m waiting for my booster an elderly gentleman comes up to the pharmacy. He’d like a booster and shows the person manning the check in his vaccines card. This is how the conversation goes.

Man- I’d like a booster

Clerk- we don’t have Pfizer, is moderna ok?

M-yes I’m fine I need a booster

C-it looks like you’ve only had one shot. We are only taking appointments, do you have access to a computer?

M- no

C- come back between 2 and 3 that’s the only time we do walk ins

M-ok I’ll come back the next time I’m in town.

I am so upset at this point. I am so sad that I didn’t think fast enough to offer him my appointment, since I have access to a computer. I did not see any one else waiting for a vaccine.

I say to the pharmacist that I am very upset, this man has only had one dose and has no access to a computer.

The pharmacist says that she hears a lot of sad stories every day. That they had to make appointments because they couldn’t get their other work done. I pointed out that when my husband got his booster 3 weeks ago that he walked in.

How in the world are we going to get everyone in the United States vaccinated when not everyone has the ability to get the vaccine? This man came to town with the intention of getting a vaccine.

It just should be easier than this.

5 Likes