CWRU Frequently Asked Questions

Majors

Can I choose a major different from what I have chosen in the application as primary and second interests?

i.e. I chose Aerospace Engineering. can I choose a different major from other schools or even a different major in the school of engineering in case of being accepted?

YES!!! This is a unique thing about Case…Case has a single door admissions policy. Once you are in, you are in and you can major in whatever you want. You can change majors and you can take classes in any area. However, if you applied as an English Major but secretly want to be an Electrical Engineer, your coursework in HS better have prepared you to be an Engineer (e.g., math and science). And if you start down the Chemistry path way and then decide to go Anthropology, you have to make sure you meet the requirements for your new major. But you don’t have to worry about “getting into the engineering school” or “you can’t take business classes because you are not a business major” at Case. And if it is nursing for example, let Case know as they need to make sure there is clinical spots for everyone.