Dartmouth College Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

This year, the Early Decision (ED) deadline for the Dartmouth University is November 1.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

2 Likes

My unweighted GPA is 4.0. My ACT score is a 33 super score. My ECS include Hope Squad, President of National Honor Society(one that is more than just community service), Committee chair of Student council, Team captain of Mock Trial, Team captain of Quiz bowl, Team captain of Robotics(9-11), volunteering at a library to learn skills valued by APA, and I have a job. I am interested in a double major in psychology and neuroscience or cognitive science. I have already submitted my application, FAFSA, and CSS profile, but I am in the process of completing the IDOC. I have added all the documents required except the Dartmouth Verification Worksheet. I cannot find the Dartmouth verification worksheet on the Dartmouth website. Is there anyone that has found it that can share how to get the worksheet? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!!

1 Like

what is IDOC? S23 has applied but he doesn’t know what IDOC is either?

The CSS portal for uploading corroborating financial documents. If you log into the CSS there will be a place to click to link you to the IDOC portal.

2 Likes

Ah thanks.

For anyone else who notices a Dartmouth Verification sheet requested on your IDOC portal, I emailed them and was informed they requested it on accident. They told me to ignore it for the time being since it was an error. I hope this helps anyone who also had it accidentally requested and could not find it anywhere.

Also, it’s always Dartmouth College - never Dartmouth University. The name is an American idiom and has nothing to do with its actual classification.

5 Likes

Dartmouth College… and Wesleyan University. Go figure!

4 Likes

My understanding is that a College has one undergraduate program and a university has multiple ‘colleges’. For example, Wesleyan (as prezbucky indicated) has 7 Colleges (College of Letters, College of Integrated Science, College of Social Studies, etc). Dartmouth has no Colleges. There is the Thayer School of Engineering, but it is not a separate College - students do not apply into it, students can take classes across all schools and can chose a major in any program, etc).

You have a point there. But in both these particular cases, the school names were chosen pretty much from their inception when neither of them had more than two classroom buildings between them. The terms “college” and “university” were virtually interchangeable until the German university model (similar to what you described) became widely copied in the 1860s. Fun fact: Before officially joining the Ivy League in 1956, Dartmouth split time playing round-robin tournaments with four New England colleges in what was then called the Pentagonal Conference:
Pentagonal Conference | Dartmouth Alumni Magazine | April 1949

4 Likes

Has anyone gotten an interview yet?

I just got an email for an interview today.

1 Like

yup got mine too today :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any internationals got it yet?

Hmmmm. Nothing here (Bay Area CA). Do you if they are doing F2F or virtual?

NVM-- he just got an email!

3 Likes

Don’t stress if you haven’t heard about an interview. Interviews are scheduled by each alumni interview individually. So you may not have heard because the interviewer assigned to your student hasn’t yet started sending out emails/making phone calls to schedule things.

But be sure your student checks their email regularly and even does a search for ‘interview’ and ‘Dartmouth’ every couple of days, in case something slips through.

1 Like

Has anyone received any update from the financial aid office?

1 Like

I did, three days ago. It was the same" although the admissions committee is still deliberating…". looking into some threads of the past years, it seems to me like this is of huge significance. But Im still not sure. about the interview, yes 10 days ago i received an offer and I did it some days ago. two weeks left, but two tough weeks of waiting.

got a similar email, it asked for specific documents but I don’t want to get my hopes to far up.