Daughter graduating - a wonderful four years!

My daughter finished up her last school assignment this morning, around 2 am. I can’t believe she’s graduating already. She had a wonderful four years at SU. We are very pleased at the quality of instruction and how her critical thinking and writing skills have blossomed. She formed strong relationships with professors and with their encouragement, she wants to apply to grad school now!

The virtual commencement ceremony will be next Wednesday. The school still hopes to hold an in-person ceremony the middle of August.

For those of you considering sending your child to SU, I strongly recommend it! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Congrats, @MaineLonghorn! Trying to keep it on D21’s list, but the small size is worrying her. Good luck to your d!

Thanks, @NJWrestlingmom. My daughter never felt it was too small. Their facilities are really impressive for such a small campus. The professors are wonderful - she has developed a close relationship with a professor who is going to shepherd through the process of applying to grad school for art history (a good thing, since her dad and I are engineers, ha).

If your daughter would ever want to talk to mine, I’m sure she would be glad to.

Congrats to your daughter and your family!!! :slight_smile:

Congratulations! So happy she got a great education AND a wonderful 4 years!

Thanks, everyone. I’m really proud of her. From her brother’s schizophrenia and her cousin’s suicide to the serious illness of her grandfather and now the pandemic, it’s been a rough ride for her the last few years. I don’t know how she stays so positive (she says meds help, ha). She’s very interested in installation art. She knows it’s going to be a tough haul for a few years professionally, but she is very determined! The head of the art department is encouraging her to submit her capstone paper to a national publication. This prof is really good, so it’s a nice compliment for her.

3 Likes

Hi there - sorry for replying to an older post. There isn’t much activity on the Susquehanna board and my daughter was just accepted with the Presidential Scholarship. She is super excited, just nervous about the small size. It is smaller than her high school. Could you comment on the size, activities, friends, etc. Thank you so much!!

Congrats to your daughter! She will get a wonderful education. My daughter landed two jobs. One is photographing food for our local supermarket chain (her employer is a company that provides photography services). The second is a part time gig at the Portland Museum of Art. She is called on whenever there is an old exhibit needs to be taken down or a new one put up. Her main job has flexible hours so she can do both. She’s convinced her experience working at the SU art gallery (which is wonderful) helped her get the jobs.

2 Likes