Does anyone know what date the portals will be updated with acceptance decisions?

Does anyone know a more precise date, other than mid-March, when acceptance decisions will be released? Based on when they were released last year, I’m thinking it will be Friday March 12th. If we need to wait longer, I have to prepare myself. LOL! Also, are decisions announced via the Gettysburg portal with the orange envelop to follow for accepted students? Thanks for your help!

1 Like

We think we were notified via the portal ahead of the envelope. That seems to be the norm these days anyways. Our son was ED so the timing is different but I think the timing this year is later in general at many schools due to heavier application volumes with test-optional in a covid world. Dickinson is a similar school and their website says late March. Maybe Gburg will tweet ahead of the release. I know waiting is the hardest part. Hang in there, and good luck!

1 Like

Thank you for the info! So much waiting right now–for colleges, vaccines and spring!

So in the college admissions regular decision thread they indicate March 15. If you read the thread there is a reply that indicates an email was sent to that effect. However, so many conversations are happening in that thread that there a possibility the individual was referencing a different school. Did you get such an email?

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/regular-decision-notification-dates-for-2021/

1 Like

My son did receive an email. It just says mid-March. He emailed the admissions counselor for our area yesterday and her response was ‘in the next couple of weeks.’

1 Like

You probably got the email already, but in case you didn’t, I got one earlier today that says decisions will be released on Tuesday, March 16, at 5:00 pm. Good luck everyone!!

1 Like

Thank you, STEMgirl29! I just asked my son to check. Yes, he received the email today! Thank you so much for letting us know! Best of luck to you!

1 Like