Does milton send our rejection/waitlist letters through snail mail like they do with acceptance letters?

does milton send our rejection/waitlist letters through snail mail like they do with acceptance letters?

I don’t think any school commonly mentioned here sends rejection or wait-list letters via snail mail anymore.

Milton may have been one of the last holdouts, since it’s only recently that they posted decisions on the portal.

Thank you for responding. This might sound kind of silly, but I received a notification from FedEx this morning saying that 2 packages from Milton Academy were arriving in the next couple of days. They said the entire weight of the packages was 2 pounds, which is relatively heavy. During the 2021 admissions cycle, Milton released orange packets and parcels with the school’s merchandise. In 2013, they sent out waitlist and acceptance letters through snail mail so I’m a bit confused. What do you think?

1 Like

I believe it is positive news, some schools in California still UPS/FedEx a package including acceptance letter, Hat/Sweat Shirt, good luck

Right, the three schools we applied sent out emails to inform you that acceptance decisions will not even be sent through email anymore, you should login to the application portal and check after 5:00 pm. However, I know there some other schools still UPS/FedEx sending out acceptance package.

Even in days of old, rejection letters were never FedExed; those were always sent USPS. If a FedEx package arrives, it will be good news.

3 Likes

I remember receiving notifications from Milton 2 years ago regarding packages. Somehow I can’t find the email anymore. This time with my other child, I have not received any package notification yet. Just curious.

Hi, do you remember receiving a package? Was it an acceptance?

Yes, it was an acceptance. Is this for a first-time Milton applicant?

1 Like

Yup!

All the packages we received were acceptances. Sounds like you will be receiving good news!

Agreed. Why would schools invest more money on sending rejection letters through Fedex/UPS when they have rejected you already? You won’t be paying tuition at that point.

Got the same fedex delay message very early this morning. Accessed the portal later for the good news. I’m guessing you’re getting merch!

Milton gave out merch for acceptances? I got a folder from them but that’s it

Yeah, a golf hat and a car magnet. Pretty nice of them.

I got a package notification too on Sept 9th. I was really excited and it turns out I got accepted into Milton!

Update: I was accepted!

1 Like