dorms!

Hi! I will be attending Choate next year as a freshman, and I need advice on which dorm is the nicest, also specifics on the freshman girl dorms. I would love for someone to help me out. Also, where do people buy their things for their dorms? I have seen a bunch of cute images of dorm decorations on vsco and Pinterest, but they are no help as to where I should buy it from and what I should bring. Help me out, please!

Not a Choatie, but can tell you where students buy dorm items:

• Online Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Pier One, PB Teen - you can have the items either shipped to your school directly or to the store closest to your school.
  • Bedding - it seems at some schools, Roller Rabbit bedding and PJs are popular, but $$.
  • We toured one dorm where kids had small night stands from Z gallery - you can buy night stands, chairs, bean bags (if allowed and if there is room), desk lamps, rugs, curtains....everything you can get on Target, Wayfair or Overstock for cheaper than most retailers. Although dorm rooms come with shades or some with curtains, it’s nice to get your own insulated black out curtains.
  • Storage units can be found at Container Store or Target - also Walmart has some good ones at back to school time.
  • You can check out rooms on VSCO and also on Twines & Vines - also check out Not Just Dorms for ideas and cute custom furnishings.

Hey! Im a current freshman at boarding school, so I might be able to help!

• Bed Bath and Beyond! My family purchased this membership thing that grants you 20% off of everything and free shipping. This was a huge help when we bought some higher ticket items such as sheets, towels, and mattress topper.
  • I got my bedding from a site called dormify, of which i’m actually an ambassador. They have tons of great dorm products and ideas that make for a super cool room. After my freshman fall I actually got involved with the company, which has been a great experience so far. PM me and I can give you my 20% discount link!!
  • Target is great for smaller items like hangers, a hamper, pillows, etc.

Just to add that personalized and homey touch…I’m not an ambassador, but they really do make nice head boards and head-board pillows.
Check out “Not Just Dorms”
https://www.notjustdorms.com/

If you’re a freshman girl, you will be placed in Nichols, Pitman, or Squire Stanley. I don’t know much about these dorms. I know Nichols is the biggest by far and probably the newest/best kept up. Squire and Pitman are both incredibly small and older dorms but foster a considerably more cohesive community. You’ll enter the housing lottery the end of your freshman year and you’ll pick out your sophomore dorm then.