Duke Early Decision for Fall 2023

I wanted to start a thread for Duke Early Decision 2023. Has anyone heard when they are going to find out? I know in the past it was mid December

1 Like

Historically, it has been a second Thursday in December. It could be the 8th or the 15th. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I was wondering this too! I’m so nervous but excited. Wishing everyone luck! Hopefully it comes out the 8th

3 Likes

There is another Duke ED thread under the main ED/EA thread: I am not a moderator so I cannot merge these, but over there someone posted the last several ED dates: if trend continues it will be Thurs or Fri Dec 15-16 . I do not have one applying Duke ED this time, but I did in 2020-1. It is a great school; best of luck to all of you!

3 Likes

What’s the link to the other Duke ED thread? If indeed a duplicate, the moderators can merge.

1 Like

I’m not seeing one for this cycle (only the Duke Fall 2022 exists when I do a search). If someone finds it, please post the direct link and I’ll merge the threads. Thank you!

Hello! Same. I’ve tried finding another thread and do not see one.

1 Like

deleted-this thread seems to be it.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying. I added the ED tag to this thread so hopefully more people will start using it.

1 Like

Found what I saw! The ED dates were under “Duke ED-has anyone gotten an interview” which Is why I thought that was the ED thread.

HERe is a copy of the dates from that thread:

Here’s a list of Duke’s past early decision release dates:

2021 - Class of 2026 - released Thursday, 12/16 @ 7:00 PM
2020 - Class of 2025 - email on Tuesday, 12/5 that decisions would be released Friday, 12/18
2019 - Class of 2024 - email on Monday, 12/9 that decisions would be released Thursday, 12/12
2018 - Class of 2023 - email on Monday, 12/10 that decision would be released Thursday, 12/13
2017 - Class of 2022 - released Thursday, 12/14
2016 - Class of 2021 - released Wednesday, 12/14
2015 - Class of 2020 - released Thursday, 12/10
2014 - Class of 2019 - released Thursday, 12/11

3 Likes

Sorry Yes I started both those threads new to this so I was trying to start just a thread with Duke ED hope I didn’t confuse anything

1 Like

There’s a ton of competitive applicants this year. Very nervous.

1 Like

Duke announced today that 55 students were accepted through the Quest Bridge program- up from 42 last year.

Me too!

1 Like

Same !!!

1 Like

Just at our small school we have students with over 15 AP classes and ACT scores 35 and above. My son never received an alumini interview which I have heard isn’t hurtful. I am curious how many students they will admit this year for ED.

Duke typically takes about 50% of its incoming class from ED. Last year Duke admitted 852 ED applicants.

4 Likes

Can you provide the link? They typically release that info along with ED numbers only.

1 Like

Has anyone received a request to upload emails via Strongbox? I didn’t but someone has.

1 Like

It was on the " Duke Undergraduate Admissions" Facebook page- public for anyone to look up.