Early Write to Smith (Class of 2022)

@maeve711 You’re not wrong! I was deferred ED :/. Congrats!!

Mine was postmarked 2/19. Loved the personal touch from the Dean.

@sciencenerd123 If you need someone to fangirl with about Mr. Darcy, hmu. I was this close to writing mine about pride and prejudice. BBC miniseries or the 2005 movie? (Miniseries for me, book is always better though)

@habitualnerd I love the mini-series but there’s a special place in my heart for the 2005 movie (I always watch it when I’m stressed out lol). My essay was ridiculous. I basically talked about just in general my love for P&P and its different adaptations (P&P&Zombies, Bridget Jones Diary, the Lizzie Bennet Diaries, and of course the miniseries and 2005 movie) and then I talked about how I wanted to be Lizzie Bennet because she’s the best. The last sentence was “And then there’s Mr. Darcy (swoon).”

Came home on a rainy afternoon to my early write! Such a sweet and pleasant surprise :’) (I’m from the midwest for reference)

@kicklee Did you just get yours yesterday (Saturday)? I’m wondering if they’re still arriving or if all of them are delivered by now.

I got mine on Friday, but I only checked on Sunday

@odannyboySF both my daughters got theirs on Saturday. Texas.

I got mine Saturday and I’m in Texas as well

Were they all postmarked 2/19 or were any later?

I stumbled across this thread trying to find out if other students also received early notification of their admittance to Smith. Just wanted to say congrats to everyone (: BALLOONS AND CONFETTI
For reference purposes: I live in FL and my letter was sent on the 19th. It arrived in my mailbox on the 23rd.

My DD was an international and didn’t get an early write. She was admitted RD with an amazing scholarship. Although she didn’t wind up attending, not getting an early write doesn’t mean that you are not highly rated. Indeed, when DD informed Smith that she wouldn’t be attending, the Dean dropped her a note and said that they would hold her file for two years in case she changed her mind.