Engineering Academies (option for those not admitted to TAMU)

My son just completed the engineering academy in Brenham. This is a great option for those students not admitted or not offered Blinn Academy Bryan. IMO it is better than Galveston. Here is a link to the discussion thread for those wanting to be Aggie engineers and looking for alternative ways to accomplish that goal.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2062343-engineering-academies-p1.html

@trinley is it ok to apply at Blinn-Brenham at the same time your under review for Texas A&M? I was wondering if we should go ahead and apply to Blinn-Brenham even though we haven’t received a decision from TAMU yet? Is it possible to get accepted into both and then choose between the two?

@Kjohnson01 i recommend emailing Ashley Hermès, the Academy Director at Blinn. She would have the definitive answer. My son received PSA so our situation was different. ashley.hermes@blinn.edu

I’m so confused about this.
While my son STILL is sitting in engineering “review” status, my husband contacted Blinn JC to find out about “plan B” options and was told that he could attend the Rellis Campus his freshman year and then transfer to TAMU. There are several Blinn campuses, but I was under the impression that the Rellis campus was a Blinn team only campus - not available to Blinn JC students.
If my son decides to forgo PSA (if that’s what he ends up with) and go to Blinn his freshman year, then transfer to A&M, which Blinn campus would he qualify for? I don’t want him to go to the Brenham campus. Is the Bryan and/or Rellis campus open to everyone? Thanks!

@JJJATX The RELLIS Campus is for the Blinn Bryan Engineering Academy. That offer must come from TAMU. The Engineering Academy program is also offered in Brenham and several other junior colleges around the state including ACC. Thos programs you apply directly to the junior college. If your son is PSA and wants to graduate from A&M with an engineering degree, the best way to accomplish that goal is through the Engineering Academies. You can red through the link that I posted for tons of information. The person you should talk to at Blinn about engineering academies is Ashley Hermès

One of the academy programs @trinley is talking about is at HCC. We knew someone who began there - but I think decided cyber security vs computer engineering is more in line with his career interests - so he opted to go to UT San Antonio where they have a nationally recognized cyber security program.

But they enjoyed their time in the HCC program.

Here is the HCC info
https://www.hccs.edu/programs/areas-of-study/science-technology-engineering–math/engineering/tamu-academy/

That’s what I was thinking regarding the Rellis campus, so I was confused when the representative from Blinn said my son could attend Rellis. Thanks for your helpful info! I’ll give Ashley a call on Monday.

This may sound like a dumb question, but if our DD enrolls for her NSC (admitted to Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan), will they transfer her enrollment information to Blinn admissions? Will they explain at NSC how she is to enroll in her classes for Blinn since I’m assuming she’ll only be able to enroll in her 2 classes that she’ll take at A&M CS campus during NSC? I can’t seem to find anything on line that explains “what happens next.”