Furman University Early Decision/Action for Fall 2023 Admission

I know your question was not directed at me, but I am going to put in my two cents anyway. I read the comments by the poster you are referring to. I believe this person knows nothing about Furman and has obviously never visited the campus. ( As an aside we know many families who have students at Berry College and none of them are religious zealots or supporters of Marjorie Taylor Greene :rofl:) We are from the Atlanta area and my (Jewish) child applied to Furman last year. This school is what I would consider a bit of a hidden gem. We found the campus setting and vibe to be quite similar to University of Richmond. The notable difference is that Richmond draws a lot more students from the Northeast. The vast majority of the out of state students at Furman are from neighboring Southern states. The student body is majority white, Christian, Southern and a bit preppy. At my son’s private school, there are a lot of students that cross apply to Furman and Davidson College. We found Furman to be a very warm and welcoming community. I also believe that they are making bonafide efforts to increase diversity on campus. My son was accepted at his early decision school last year, and ultimately turned down Furman (and the very generous scholarship he was offered). Furman was near the top of his list - and not just because he wanted to walk around in a sweat shirt that says “FU”.

5 Likes