Georgetown Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Georgetown University offers Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Early Action (EA) deadline for Fall 2022 admission at Georgetown is November 1.

All early action applicants should receive an admissions decision by December 15. For more information visit the Georgetown University page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other Georgetown applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to Georgetown University? Why Georgetown? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other Georgetown topics visit the georgetown-university tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about Georgetown Early Action?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

1 Like

Sorta last minute question but is anyone submitting their resume in the activities section?

Can’t believe we’re just over two weeks out from decisions being released. Does anyone know if they’re going to send physical letters this year (as they usually do) or if decisions will be published only online? Thanks!

2 Likes

I believe that results will be published online given their new policy (they used to mail letters but changed that in 2020). Good luck to everyone! I’m scared but hoping for the best.

Also, quick question – what time of day are Georgetown decisions usually released? For instance, 4 pm EST or something along those lines? Thank you!

Thanks for the info about how decisions will be sent! I found someone from last year who said that decisions were released at about 4:00 central (so 5:00 eastern) on Sunday, December 13. Hoping that’s true this year too lol.

1 Like

When will decisions be out? Didn’t they come out on Sunday last year?

I fear the wait for a decision has driven me mad. A few days ago, I suddenly noticed a strange blank space near the top of the application status page (image attached… I would expect that the update/change email bar would be further up). Can anyone confirm if they also have this mysterious space and/or if it’s always been there? I feel like I’m trying to read into something that isn’t meaningful, but figured I’d ask to see what others think.

I logged into my portal and I have that weird space too. I’m not sure what it could mean… or maybe we’re looking too much into it.

I don’t think there was a space there before, maybe they’re releasing decisions earlier than posted?

Let’s hope lol. I’m interested to see if there’s anyone on here who doesn’t have the space. If there are people without it, then it might actually mean something? No matter what, I can’t stand the wait anymore. If it’s really going to be another 9 days, I might actually lose my mind for real (honestly though I fully expect to get rejected…Georgetown rEA is a cruel game).

No, definitely I hope it means something, but maybe we’re just reaching. I’m really anxious about this wait, I wish they could release it sooner. But everything will turn out alright I promise!

On the bright side, you won’t get rejected, just deferred to regular decision.

No exactly, that’s the one thing that gives me hope to be honest. Is there no waitlist for early action? I tried looking if there was and couldn’t find one.

They just move you to regular decision for another review.

Ah okay. Do we have to submit a mid-year report or change anything on our application?

True, totally spaced on that. Georgetown actually lets a fair number of deferred people in (I think I’ve heard 10% somewhere?), but it would also be unfortunate to have to wait another 3 months to get a final decision…

I believe Georgetown does want mid-year reports. The counselors send that. I don’t believe you have to do anything on your application. I’m not sure if we send a letter of continued interest or not if we don’t get accepted during early action. Maybe someone else can answer that