How much and when for tuition deposit

Does anyone have an idea how much the tuition deposit would be for a student with FP? Is it a certain percent of the tuition? And will the deadline be April 10? Thanks!

Usually, there is a deposit due after April 10th that is some percentage of the annual tuition. I remember it being 10% for Choate, so about $5k at the time. After that, the remaining balance could be paid in one lump sum in July with a 1% discount, or split into two payments, one in July and one six months or so later, but I believe other arrangements could be made if necessary.

Several options: ( xan depend on school too)

1. Lump sum: the whole enchilada.
  2. 10% down, then two big payments.
  3. 10% down and 10 payments.
    Other.
    Most fees are in the first half of the payments.
1 Like

Do schools take credit cards?

Yes, and they will charge you a fee to use one.

1 Like

Thank you @Happytimes2001 and @ChoatieMom for the reply. M10 is in less than two months!

I suppose you didn’t ask, but at the risk of annoying you, I would suggest you not pay for boarding school with credit cards. Do not go into debt to fund high school.

It may be the other way. Some credit cards may have a 5-10% rebate or provide a 0% interest balance transfer for the first 18-24 months. :smiley:

We WISHED Choate had taken credit cards while our son was there. We would have passed all payments through AMEX paying off the balance after each. The points for an additional $50K passed through that card annually would have been nice.

1 Like

@ameridad thanks for the advice. No I will not borrow to send my daughter to BS

I do want to know what card pays 5-10%. Love to own one!

Well, that’s what we thought too. But since they pass along the Amex fee ( I think it aas 3.5%) it didn’t make sense to pay nearly 2k to get 50,000 points.
It is useful in a punch or also if you want to use it to fund something extra. But I gave used direct debit instead.