Important Info for Applicants Who Received Decisions

Today’s the day! Congrats on making it this far. I hope you have found the UCLA Forum on College Confidential helpful and thanks to all the users who contributed to it. This thread will remain closed. In the following post you’ll find instructions for reporting your decision on College Confidential and what to do as a next step no matter what your decision is.

Decisions will be released Friday, March 19, 2021 at or after 5:00PM PST

Decision Results Thread (Please post decisions here on this thread only):

Waitlist Discussion Thread (Please post questions or comments about waitlists here):

Appeal Discussion Thread (Please post questions or comments about appealing here):

Posting decisions in the discussion thread will clog it up. If a user has a question on what to do further (ie appeals, waitlist) the user helping can refer to a decision post in the decisions thread by searching it up. It would help a lot. If you found this thread helpful consider posting a way to pay it forward for future applicants so they can gauge where they stand by looking at the previous year’s decision thread.

What to do Next: Accepted
Congrats! This is an awesome accomplishment. UCLA’s acceptance rate is the lowest in the UC system. Make sure to follow these steps and keep these thoughts in mind over the next 30 or so days:

1. Attend Bruin Bound Events on April 3rd-16th. This is an awesome event and is super well done for a virtual event.

2. Attend Discover UCLA Engineering Day on Saturday, April 10th. This is for engineering admits only. If you are an admit to engineering this event will blow your socks off. Live interaction with faculty, students, and the UCLA Engineering Ambassador Team will be part of the day.

3. SIR by May 1st! This is important do not forget. The moment you decide UCLA is the school for you, SIR to the school. You may not submit an SIR to multiple schools.

4. Students will be on campus this Fall! Sign up for housing. All freshman are in triples. Classics or plazas are the only options with 80+% ending up in classics. You should sign up for housing by the deadline to guarantee your 3 years of housing. You do not need to find a roommate yet to fill out the housing app. You can add roommates later. There will be a UCLA Class of 2025 Facebook page. Most people find roommates that way.

5. Keep up your grades! UCLA reserves the right to rescind applicants that have grades drop from past performance and/or are below a 3.0UW. If you are in danger just do your best as no one can tell if you will be rescinded.

6. Once you accept your admission make sure to follow the MyUCLA checklist on your portal. Do not be the student that misses deadlines and gets rescinded.

7. Send in your official transcripts and AP/IB exam scores for course credit.

8. In early May you will register for New Student Orientation. It is a lot of fun. Classes are going to be saved for each session so whether you go to the firs tor last session, you’ll still get your classes.

9. If you got a Cal Grant make sure to make UCLA your attending school so you get your money.

10. Some of you are going to be invited for a stay over program the day before Bruin day with current students. Keep an eye out for invites for that. I hosted for the OOS program and highly recommend you attend. Note these activities will most likely be cancelled for Spring 2021 due to COVID-19.

That is pretty much it for now. Congrats and I hope you choose to make UCLA your home. Feel free to PM or tag me if you have any questions. Other posters like @Gumbymom and @lkg4answers are other great resources.

What to do Next: Waitlist
While this may be a disappointed, a waitlist means that you are good enough to get admitted but there is just not enough space. UCLA typically does not admit a lot of students off the waitlist. Here are things to keep in mind:

1. UCLA will not get back to you before the SIR deadline for other schools. This means you 100% need to SIR to a school you were admitted to.

2. Fill out any supplemental essays or questions you are sent. This is important if you want a chance to get moved from the waitlist. This will help them gauge interest.

3. You cannot appeal a waitlist decision as they know you are good enough to attend but there is a lack of space.

What to do Next: Rejection
While it might suck, know that being rejected from UCLA or any school is not a reflection of you as a person. UCLA has nearly 140k freshman applicants and almost all of them can succeed at UCLA there is just not enough spots. Here are things you should do if you are rejected:

1. Don’t dwell on it, SIR to a school you have available to you.

2. No matter what school you will attend you’ll have an amazing college experience. It is a time of fun, doing crazy things you would’ve never seen yourself doing in high school, and maybe learn a thing or two. Don’t let not getting into UCLA spoil the greatest four years of your life. Once you meet the friends you make at your school you’ll wonder how you could have ever ended up anywhere else.

3. Appeals. Ok this is tricky since many people want to appeal. I’ll be honest on what will constitute an appeal since the site only says “new information that was not available during review”. New info is not senior year grades, or awards or accomplishments earned after the app was sent. Appealing with that will be automatically denied. An undiagnosed medical condition, a course you forgot to submit, or something along those lines would be something to appeal on. You cannot add in extra curriculars that you didn’t have space for since everyone has the same space on the app.

Conclusion
I hope this was helpful and best of luck when you open your decision. Remember no matter where you go you’ll have a blast. The people is really why I love UCLA. Memories of going to football games, making lifelong friends, exploring Westwood and LA are really why I love UCLA. I hope that each of you that gets accepted decides to make UCLA your home. Good luck and Go Bruins!

-10s4life

4 Likes

This was posted in the class of 2023 discussion. That thread is reopening 3/22/19 at 5:15 so the announcement was posted here for those that missed it.

This thread was updated in 2021 for the class of 2025.

2 Likes