Just checked my PFS

Hi guys,

If you are applying to a prep school with financial aid, can you check your account on NAIS to see if your PFS is locked? I just checked mine and it’s not locked, yet. Maybe they did not receive it or something went wrong? Or simply the portal isn’t updated?

They are not locked yet. I think they lock them much later, after April or so. Some people may not have uploaded their final 2015 returns, etc. A few weeks ago I talked on the phone with the FA director at one of the schools, and that person assured me that everything is fine.

oh thanks… I was getting so worried
btw aren’t financial aid decision made at the time of admission offering, that is M10 ? @GoatMama

Ours isn’t locked either and it also doesn’t show the 2015 information is “verified” either. I called a few weeks ago and was assured by PFS that everything was fine and “not to worry.” Yeah…“not to worry”…right! LOL!

@Qwaszxzx FA decisions are made at that time too, but final documents may still need to be uploaded, and sometimes FA decisions may be finalized over the course of the next few months, depending on individual situations, wait lists, etc.

What is PFS?

@ zeebee619 Parents’ Financial Statement

We have a son returning for his third year at BS. I just checked our PFS and it still isn’t locked by our school either.

Is it me or is the process different this year. Unless I’m losing my mind, which I admit is a possibility, I think they have pushed out the dates for the most recent years tax returns. I remember begging for extra time to complete my taxes every year as some of my paperwork would not show up until mid February. It seems like they are giving us till April 15, 2015 to complete our tax returns. I think this is why they are not locking the PFS since once they lock it I do not think you can upload new documents. Of course I’ve been trained by now so my taxes are already filed and my documents uploaded.