Match D24 - “Average Excellent” Artsy Classics + Anthropology major for mid-sized Northeastern schools

That’s wonderful to hear your C21 loves Bryn Mayr! Sounds like they got lots of impressive merit offers. I agree with you that my D also would thrive at BM, but she prefers Boston/Massachusetts

Why Tufts? Great question. In the past year I’ve toured 10 colleges with D24 and her twin brother and done drive through of several others and my conclusion is that teenagers have odd reasons for wanting or not wanting to attend a college. My S24 liked his tour of Tulane but thought the condition of the roads in New Orleans was unacceptable. D24 loved the info session at Swarthmore but thought some buildings were too modern. Weird.

So, our Tufts tour just hit all he right notes. The tour guide was very artsy and cool and she and D24 had a good connection. We saw a rabbit on our tour and that was exciting. She likes the curriculum/distribution requirements. She likes that it has a traditional quad with an interesting mix of architecture. She loved that it overlooks the city and is accessible by public transportation. She likes that they have. 4+1 Masters in Classics. She likes the painting the cannon tradition and some of their quirky clubs. She likes their affiliation with art school. She especially likes that her BFF will start there next year. So, lots to like, but also things that exist at other places.

3 Likes