Mays Business Honors Admissions

Sure.
10/394 class ranking
1470 SAT with 760 math
33 ACT
4.687 GPA
I’m currently in the IB diploma program
Started a non profit organization
Pretty entrepreneurial based ECs (director mentioned in my letter how that helped me stand out)
A couple of leadership roles in school, but not very many (only 3)
I don’t have a ton of ECs, but the ones I had were strong and I was involved in all 4 years of high school
I think my essays were also a significant factor in my admission, but I do not know for certain

2 Likes

The note also mentioned how she liked my community involvement

2 Likes

@Ginjaninja —thar is definitely outstanding. No shame I’m not getting selected for BH when the competition is like you guys. Congratulations on it all!!

***”in” not getting selected. Typo!

Thanks @TAMUMAMA for your kind words. I see you had asked about resume,yes did upload a 2 page resume. In my opinion…submit a resume only if it adds to the info in the app significantly.

Wow. Outstanding stats you guys. Congrats on a job well done. Continue to crush it and do good things!

2 Likes

Y’all should be getting a follow up email over the next couple of weeks with contact info from a current BH student that can call you over Christmas break to tell you about the program and answer any questions you have. My son found this really helpful in making his decision.

4 Likes

@arehfeld my Aggie was a BH recruiter one year.
It’s nice to know you found them helpful! :blush:

@Ginjaninja @voda2013 Do you think y’all will choose A&M, or are you looking at other schools? I would think you would be accepted anywhere you apply!

I think A&M is now one of my top choices with being admitted to business honors. Although I am auto accepted to UT, I am still waiting to hear back from McCombs. I would say that my top choice right now though is Georgetown University.

2 Likes

@Ginjaninja —how exciting to have these to choose from.

Currently, out of the current acceptances (UTD, IU Kelley School of Business); A&M Business Honors is #1. Waiting on some others. It could take a while to get a clear picture; may need to visit some campuses.

1 Like

Congratulations @voda2013 and @Ginjaninja

Question - When did BH admissions office received your application?

I applied to A&M in late august, and was admitted to Mays in mid September. I do not know exactly when the BH admissions got my application though.

1 Like

I wonder how many get invited in the first round.

Applied 8/17
Admitted to Mays 9/22

1 Like

I am thinking of same. My daughter is accepted through holistic review but fingers crossed on honors. Wondering if any holistic reviews got the honors letter.

@Ab2026 i am simply speculating, but based on stats I’ve seen since 2018, very few (if any?) non auto admit will get BH offer. Most are top 1-4% graduates, along with some level of NM (or very high SAT/ACT) + heavy leadership and community service.
Not trying to be Debbie Downer, but trying to be realistic…

1 Like

My daughter has most except top rank… NM, 1500+ SAT, ECs, Leadership roles etc. fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: with the understanding that it is highly selective program

2 Likes

@Ab2026 --I have decided that either way it’s fine for mine. He has found his way in everything he has ever done. I bet most kids who applied to BH have! They will land where they are meant to be! I’m honestly not sure mine will even stay in business. I don’t think it fits him. But this has all been his choice.

2 Likes