MIT Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Massachusetts Institute of Technology offers Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Early Action (EA) deadline for Fall 2022 admission at MIT is November 1.

All early action applicants should receive an admissions decision by December 20. Last year, MIT admitted 707 of the 9,600 applicants who applied Early Action. The acceptance rate was 7.36%. For more information visit the Massachusetts Institute of Technology page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other MIT applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to Massachusetts Institute of Technology? Why MIT? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other MIT topics visit the massachusetts-institute-of-technology tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about MIT Early Action?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

Hey everybody! Who else is applying to MIT EA?

I did MOSTEC this summer and now I’m even more in love with the school. Did anyone apply for MIT WISE?

1 Like

My daughter applied EA. She is interviewing next week.

1 Like

Best wishes to her! I plan to submit my application this weekend. How soon after her application did she get an interview invitation?

Thanks!

1 Like

She submitted her application in mid-September, and all of her supporting documentation except for one recommendation was received in the beginning of October. She was offered an interview the day after her final recommendation was received by MIT (earlier this week).

For my daughter we submitted the application on 12th and was contacted by the EC on 14th even before her academic recommender sent her recommendations. I think it could be due to the availability of EC. Best wishes to her.

On October 12th? Your daughter was contacted by the EC on the 14th prior to receiving the required documentation? My d’s counselor submitted the supporting documents yesterday (10/29).

It isn’t unusual. ECs neither receive nor need the full applications in order to conduct their interviews.

I read a while back in some forum that ECs get informed as the application is submitted through the portal, regarless of the completeness. Also few other kids in our school/neighborhood are hearing back early enough. I feel it could be due to the interviews being held online purely and there might be more ECs in this area. Not sure if that’s the case.

Thank you for the information. We live overseas (Europe) so my daughter may have a less chance being contacted by EC?

My D is submitting her EA application tomorrow to MIT but her guidance counselor has not yet submitted the recommendation despite numerous reminders. will that be an issue or can she submit the application without that and then make sure the recommendation gets submitted asap?

1 Like

Yes

yes, as in she can still submit it or yes as in it will be an issue?

She should submit her app before the deadline. The MIT portal (which you’ll get access to after submitting the app) explicitly says not to worry about missing items. Of course, the rec does need to be submitted soon enough. But it won’t be an issue right now.

My son participated in MIT WISE this October.
He submitted his EA on Saturday and got email re interview from EC on Halloween Sunday.

Then he’s taking a break before starting Regular Decision apps.

I got an email about seeing something in my mailbox soon-- I assume this is advertising.

I read somewhere if you get into WISE, they will most likely get into MIT.

Oh no. Don’t give me too much hope. I wish there was hard evidence regarding WISE and MIT acceptance.
I’ve fully prepared myself for a rejection (with the 3% acceptance rate).

I don’t think my son and I can handle a deferral, waiting until March 14th.

5 Likes

My daughter applied for EA. Her interview went for about 45 mins.

2 Likes