MT Artistic Acceptance Class of 2025 - How, When Where, Who, What

Looking to pass the baton. Anyone want to start a thread like this for MT BFA Class of 2026? You can copy/paste the 2025 info below, then ask people to update with 2026 and annotate, as it rolls. Make it a wiki so everyone can edit.

Everyone can directly update this list, pinned to the top of the thread. No more endless copying and pasting to add new info!

• If you don’t want to edit, please feel free to leave your intel in the comments and then an editor will update the master list.
  • Please leave the info for 2020 and add 2021 so future users can watch for patterns. Schools have a similar cadence from year to year…except when they don’t!
  • List first hand info only, please.
  • List how and when you were notified and any other specifics.
  • Feel free to add schools - we love to know about new, emerging programs.
  • Assume all info is for MT unless specifically listed as something else
  • When you’re done please go to the Notifications by School Thread and update MT Acceptances By School For The Class of 2025 - #4 by E2L1DC
    • And also the List of MT Acceptances by Username: here
    • And we’d love to read about your journey in the Final Decisions Thread, when the time comes (usually May/June for most)

Thanks for your help with this project! Great edits so far - keep 'em coming!

Week of 3/21 - should be UMiami (date TBD), Northwestern 3/26, (more notifications from Syracuse (Fri) and BU (Sat)

Week of 3/29 - USC 3/30, BoCo, NYU, Manhattan School of Music

• American -3/17/2021 (2020 it was also 3/17/2020) - email directing to portal change, though some did not receive email; snail mail arrived 3/20/20. Students received email 3/15/21 stating decision would com out on 3/17/21
  • Arizona State -2021 decisions will be going out late March - one poster on 3/19 said “decisions going out this week.” Not sure if that meant 3/19 or w/o 3/21 (next week)
  • Baldwin Wallace–2021 early action-Dec 8, regular decision-Mar 9 (Acceptances/rejections rolled out March 9)
  • Ball State— 2021 rolling - email and calls to accepted students. Email for no’s or deferral to another arts program, a few weeks after audition.
  • Baylor 2021: Acceptances rolling http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/c/colleges-and-universities/baylor-university/108- 2020 rolling - email
  • Belmont -2021 rolling - via snail mail
  • Boston Conservatory— 2021: ED on Jan 29, 2021 via portal, RD 2021 dropped 3/26 in the afternoon. All at once via portal update.
  • BU - March 27, 2021 via portal
  • Cap21/Molloy - 3/9/2021 MT Acceptance via email
  • Carnegie Mellon— Yes calls 3/2/21, waitlist email through Acceptd 3/3/21. No’s came after each round of callbacks and final no’s on 3/3/21.
  • Catholic - 2021 Early Action, artistic decision via email 12/8, academic decisions via portal 12/14.
  • CCM— 2021 - Emails to check portal - 2/24/21
  • Coastal Carolina University- 2021: Emails beginning 3/11; 2020: Emails to everyone 3/12.
  • Columbia College Chicago - 2020: Somewhat rolling; November auditions notified within 2-3 weeks; Emails for BFA and BMus no later than 4/1/2020; 2021-notified via email 3/11/2021
  • Drake -
  • ECU-2021: Emails going out for MT today (3/10) (not sure about acting) - not sure if this is all or some offers…Notified by email. Must accept offer by 3/23
  • Elon - Acceptd emails 3/4/21. Established waitlist in 20/21 cycle
  • Emerson— 2021 - 3/17 is decision day - times are posted in their Instagram stories account. Starting 2:30 East/mid-Atlantic. 2020 was 3/15 email directing to portal, all at once for both artistic and academic decisions.
  • Five Towns - 2021: Rolling, many acceptances/scholarships given on the spot
  • FSU—2021: FSU Acceptance phone calls began late Feb; waitlists will receive a letter in the mail; no’s received an email within the next 2 weeks .
  • Hartt - February 2020: No’s and some acceptances already rolling out. No’s by email. 2021: Decisions released in waves by email starting in February. Batch of no’s delivered on 3/12/21
  • Illinois Wesleyan (IWU) - 2021: some acceptances have started today (3/10) 3/18/21 more notifications today.
  • Indiana (IU Bloomington) - Notifications started 3/5 via Acceptd] - and also portal
  • Ithaca - 2021. 2 March received update to portal with decision letter. 2020: Began sending acceptances through email directing to portal on 2/21
  • Jacksonville University -
  • JMU - 2021. 3/18/21 - there were notifications today. 2/23 via MyMadison portal . Some EA applicants 1/12 via MyMadison portal.
  • Kennesaw State University (BA)- 2021 Rolling acceptance for both Artistic and Academic
  • Kent State - 2021 notified via email MT acceptance 3/8/21
  • LIU/Post— 2021 (notified MT acceptance via email 3/9/21): MT and Acting- offers have been rolling after auditions since fall. 2/10/2020, rolling, snail mail and email
  • Manhattan School of Music— 2021: E-mail to check portal on 3/31/2021 in the evening. 2/24/2020
  • Marymount Manhattan - 2021 Update: Notification to email on 1/27 to check portal for status update. 2020 update: They try to send email notifications to check portal within 2 weeks of the audition, sometimes much sooner. Digital auditions will not receive a decision until sometime in March.
  • Michigan—2021: Yes’s called 3/4 - No’s emailed on 3/5. Decision letters in portal under “application”
  • Minnesota Duluth -
  • Millikin - 2020 update: acceptances rolling, snail mail
  • Missouri State - 2021: Some early offers after audition
  • Montclair - Rolling notifications starting 2/18/20, they’re still auditioning through 3/28. Portal updated before letters/emails are sent.
  • Molloy/CAP - 2021— 3/9 notifying today via email to check school’s portal 2020-Acceptances and waitlists sent to everyone via email on March 2nd. No’s sent a few days before by snail mail.
  • Muhlenberg - 2021 - email stating Admissions decisions will be posted to the Applicant Status Portal at 4 p.m. EST on Wednesday, March 10** RD March 18 - email notification to check portal
  • Nebraska Wesleyan - 2020: Acceptances are going out through snail mail, still auditioning
  • Northern Colorado—rolling, admitted via email shortly after audition (Feb. 22)
  • Northern Kentucky—rolling
  • Northwestern— 3/26/21 email directing to portal, all at once
  • NYU—2021 - ED notifications emailed on 2/18. RD notification emailed on/around 3/31 - all schools, all at once.
  • OCU — 2021 MT: / 2021 Acting: offers made February
  • Ohio Northern - 2020 update: confirmed snail mail decisions week of 2/24
  • Ohio University - 2020 Update: Confirm rolling notifications for this year (email followed by snail mail) - last year - rolling notifications - have heard of a few acceptance phone calls thus far
  • Otterbein - 2021 notifications have started as of 3/6. 2020: No’s sent by email, others still under consideration notified also
  • Pace— 2021 - Pace calls started for MT 3.12.2021. In 2020 Phone calls to accepted students started on 3/4/2020; email directing to portal for no and WL decision 3/13/20
  • Penn State](Penn State - College Confidential Forums) 3/6 update -last set of no’s out via portal
  • Point Park—3/20/21 update - decisions are definitely made. If you have not heard from the school, reach out directly. 3/17/21 looks like the day! In 2020: 3/11 Emails to everyone.
  • Rider - 2020 notifications are rolling usually within 4 weeks of audition and in their portal. You get an email to let you know the portal is updated and snail mail letter to follow. They will let you know yes, no or maybe category where you will be waitlisted and updated later on as they start hearing back from their acceptances.
  • Roosevelt/CCPA— 2021 looks similar to 2020 Check portal, notifications through portal as early as March 6.
    2021-email to check portal on 3/15/21
  • SCAD - 2020 rolling admission; audition only for scholarship
  • Shenandoah—2021 - email notification 3/9/21. 2020 was around 3/2-3/6 via phone call (for acceptances); email for waitlist. Last day of auditions is 2/22, then will decide and call before their spring break 3/6.
  • SUNY Cortland
  • Syracuse—2021 email notifications: Scholarships/International Students - 3/5/2021 Regular Decision (1st Wave acceptances/rejections) - 3/19/21. *If you have Gmail - check the promotions folder - may not go to your main inbox. In 2020 first wave started via email on 3/13 (not MySlice), decisions were sent in waves last three weekends of March.
  • SMU - 2020: rolling via email; 2021: some offers made 2/2 and 3/5 (email to check portal)
  • SE Missouri St- 2021: some offers made after auditions (I.e., CAP). Others rolling.
  • TCU - (TCU - College Confidential Forums) - 2021: no’s have been sent for MT and Acting, offers have been sent (not sure if all)
  • Temple - 2021 - Rolling starting around 2/22/21. Email from MT school (Artistic). Academic acceptance noted on portal. Acceptance to school can come before or after Artistic Acceptance. 2020 rolling - portal update for academic and artistic admit, email for artistic admit (some have not gotten email for artistic, just saw portal change)
  • Texas State—2021 3.6 update: Just sent out a message that they have sent out some but not all offers and reiterated that anyone who has not heard no is still very much “in the running”.phone calls were made in waves beginning Feb 14 to accepted students. Could go late into April. They do not admit extra to yield fewer. If accepted students decline new calls will go out. / 2021 Acting: emails sent if students are in consideration and offers should be sent end of March, beginning of April.
  • Texas Tech 2021: No’s have been sent; some offers made (possibly all) for MT and Acting
  • UArts— 2020: Rolling, taking longer than last year. 2-3 weeks after an audition to send snail mail. Portal does not update. 2021-rolling decisions. Earlier auditions were notified quickly (10 days) than those with later audition dates.
  • UAlabama - email acceptances sent 1/25
  • UAB - 2021: Some offers have been made, seem to be rolling. (Some in Feb, more in March)
  • UAZ— 2021 updates to portal for no and WL have started as of 3/6. Acceptances called 3/1 (a few acceptance calls were made in Feb)
  • University of Miami—2021 notification is Friday 3/26 4pm, all at once, via portal
  • University of Colorado Boulder - acceptances via email, BFA MT 2/26, BM MT 3/3
  • U Central Ok - 2020: Greg expects offers to go out around 3/6; 2021: audition callbacks going as late as 4/10, not sure what that means for offers.
  • University of OK - 2021: MT: no’s have been sent, not sure about offers / Acting: nos and waitlist have been sent as well as some offers
  • Utah—rolling - some have been notified for 2021
  • UC Irvine - 2021- 3/12/21 - email to check portal . 3/20 via portal, all at once
  • UCLA 3.19.21 - decisions released via portal, all at once. (University of California - Los Angeles - College Confidential Forums) - 3/20 via portal, all at once
  • UNCG -2021: Calls to accepted students on 3/2.
  • UNCSA - 2020: Calls to accepted students started 2/23/20, emails direct to portal for “no” decision started 02/25/20
  • USC - 2021 from official twitter acct: Decisions will be available on March 30 in the USC Applicant Portal. Students will receive an email notifying them when their decision has been posted.2020 info: 3/26 email notification to portal,all at once; no mail this year due to COVID-19
  • U Wisconsin Stevens Point - 2020 email to all auditionees between 3/7 - 3/13
  • Viterbo— 2021 - rolling. 2020 via email, rolling now
  • Wagner - 3/12/20 = Yes calls not happening this year due to Coronavirus; all decisions via snail mail; not all letters sent at once; last wave sent out 3/17-ish (received 3/21)
  • Webster— 2020 - offers will be mailed end of March to be received about April 1st.
  • West Virginia University-2020: calls to accepted students 2/26
  • Western CT State—2021 Snail mail /regular sized envelope- received 3/12/21. 2020- snail mail notifications began to be mailed on/around 3/12/2020
  • Western Michigan -
  • Wright St - 2021: Acceptances/rejections rolling out now (3/10) - not sure if all or some.
1 Like

Should be editable now! Godspeed. :wink:

Amazing game changer! Thank you.

@CC_Jon Can everyone edit the master list or just me? If it’s the latter, can I assign others as editors to share the love?

I was able to edit!

@skieurope - Last one for the day (hopefully) can you pin this one? @DramaLlama18 requested it, but it’s not “stuck”. Thank you!

1 Like

Done

1 Like

Looking for update on Baldwin Wallace? Has anyone been notified? Thanks… my daughter is waiting to hear!

My daughter received an email to check her portal. The email was in her spam/promotion folder. You may want to check there or you can just log into the BW portal.

1 Like

Thank you…

1 Like

Cross post from venting thread. My D just got notified of acceptance into ECU MT but has to claim one of 14 spots by March 23rd. Is this normal? I haven’t seen schools require such a quick turnaround decision. A lot to ask given what these kids go through to audition

1 Like

Western MI was 4/1 but we asked for an extension. Think they just want to know how serious you are about entertaining their offer. They need to get their 2025 class figured out which may require moving talented people waiting off the waitlist. We are holding onto 2 right now and feel a little guilty since we know someone is waiting for us to decide so they can have an opportunity to decide.

re claiming a spot by 3/23.
NO that does not sound normal or even legal? i thought they all had until May 1!!! can anyone from last year speak to this or any coaches? thinking of @onette or my guru @NYYFanNowMTdad

Well, since academic acceptance and artistic acceptance are different decisions, she technically has til May 1st to accept admittance into the school. So maybe thats how they get around that issue.

still doesn’t sound right. did you use a coach for the process bc if so i would check with them. i mean i don’t know details i just know our coaches have said they can’t force a decision that early.

Not a coach but a voice teacher who teaches at the college level so seeking guidance from her and will ask for extension. D will get her final decision on 31 March so hoping April 1st is soon enough.

1 Like

@PhilipM @dharmawins Schools this year are not having to follow the policies they have had to in the past regarding May 1. And, last year, MANY MANY schools got acceptances out late (even into May and early June) which means not only did some students defer and take a gap year because of COVID, but some got acceptances to schools they really wanted later and then dropped their original acceptance, leaving their classes not filled. This is a huge problem – they have budgets and have to pay their instructors, staff, etc. Heck, I had a student get an acceptance from Hartt at the end of May when he had been REJECTED after Unifieds. NOT WL - outright rejected. Have never seen that before! But Hartt wasn’t the only school that did that. Even though he turned down several, he got emails and calls from them even halfway through FALL SEMESTER of this school year??? Saying he could start “late.”

This year, I have seen many schools get more aggressive about dates and I have two students who got the same email from ECU and here is what I told them.:

Email them back and explain you have not had enough time to learn about ECU or visit and you would like an opportunity to set up times to talk to their directors and faculty, students and view some B-roll from some of their productions, if that is available. Ask for an extension so you can fully explore what they have to offer.

That date, in my opinion, is a little unrealistic and the letter seems rather pushy (even moreso than some I have seen in the past that were pretty darn aggressive). However, understand, that schools are trying to fix what happened last year and ensure their classes make so they can keep their programs intact and strong.

See my response below about this (I also have two students that got that email).

I do not see your email below:)