Need help with college options for son

I’m in NC and I agree with several other posters. Western Carolina would be good to look at if he likes mountains. North Carolina limits out of state students to just 18% of the student body for the public schools, though, but WCU is good for a B student and the tuition should be affordable. Not sure how their Jewish life is, but it’s just a regular old college so there is probably some Jewish presence there. Maybe? It’s pretty rural.

AppState would probably be a hard admit from OOS and the money is not a great, but otherwise it would fit the bill. They looooove their football there.

I don’t think UNC-Asheville sounds like a fit. It’s more edgy/hippie for lack of a better word.

East Carolina could be good if he likes water. It’s not right on the coast, but the Tar River runs through town and out to the Pamlico Sound. Huge sports school.

If you can make the finances work Elon could be good. Not sure if they have a football team? If they do it’s small. I mean I live 30 minutes from Elon and I never hear about the Elon football team.

There is thread for B students for 2023 here: Parents of the HS Class of 2023 3.0-3.4 You might get some helpful tips there. Just be sure to state your budget.

You might look at Coastal Carolina in South Carolina near Myrtle Beach.

4 Likes