Notre Dame Scholarship Interview Advice! PLEASE HELP!

i was lucky enough to be a finalist for a ND merit scholarship and ill be going to ND pretty soon to interview for it and i was just wondering if any past ND merit scholarship people could give advice on it? are they the typical standard questions like “what is a weakness, where do you see yourself in the future, etc.” or are they more difficult and differ from the typical questions?

pls give advice! thanks! :))

My son has been nominated this year. I would appreciate any insight into the process.

Thanks!

me as well!

Hi, could you guys tell me when you were nominated and how? wondering if nominations for this years class have already been sent out or if my daughter still has a chance :slight_smile:

My son was just notified yesterday via e-mail. Apparently there are two rounds of notifications, and his was in the second round.

1 Like

Oh, thanks. When did he apply? And do you mind sharing stats?

He applied regular decision right before deadline. 1580 SAT, 5.03 WGPA, 4.9 UW, lots of APs (8+) with two 4, rest 5.

1 Like

Congratulations @4X529s to your kid and good luck with the application, etc!!

@Laura18 my info may be a bit dated given my kids experience was 4 years ago. He was an RD applicant. He was notified out of the blue in Feb via email that he was a semi finalist for the merit award. At the time it was $25k per year and he was encouraged to fill out an application and provide a video. I don’t think in that round there was an interview.

He was then invited to be a finalist over a weekend that if my recollection is correct was right around Ivy day. He declined the invite having gotten a LL from another school that he preferred and didn’t want to “risk” being awarded merit $ he wouldn’t use or wasting others time.

He wrote an email describing his decision and got an extremely kind and thoughtful response that impressed us all.

The following year one of his HS friends did receive the merit award and opted to attend. He speaks glowingly about ND and has a sibling who will be joining him at ND next year.

Once again good luck to both of you.

1 Like