NYU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Hey everyone! NYU class of 2024 here! I decided to reminisce on the days where i would check this forum every 2 hours to see if there was a new update.
I’m gonna give a run down of what I had to help y’all.
Before I was accepted officially, I did have all the “portal hints”. They can be a good indicator of ur admission decision, but if u don’t have them it’s not the end of the world. I know plenty of people who did get in without them and plenty of people that had them and didn’t get in.
A major clue for me was right about this time the housing portal had me listed as a “waitlisted underclassman” or whatever it says. HOWEVER!! I was not waitlisted, I got in regular decision. This seemed to be the biggest hint for me and the biggest indicator.
Also please please please do not open the actual housing application before you are officially accepted it will mess it up real bad when u actually go to do the housing application and i can promise u, u do not want to have to deal with the nyu housing department- theyre unpleasant to say the least.
In the end, if u don’t get accepted, it’s NYU loss. I personally love it here minus most of the covid restrictions. (please let me visit my friends that live in the same dorm as me🥲)
Also some promising information that we received from faculty just a few weeks ago was that classes will be 99% in person next semester.

PLEASE do not be afraid to reach out via comment or pm if they still have that feature.
Last but not least, take a break from stressing, college will do that enough for u (I wouldn’t trade anything to be in ur shoes though, I totally get it)

PS. lipton is the nicest freshman dorm i currently live here now and i wouldn’t trade it for the world

27 Likes