Occidental Class of 2025 -- Regular Decision

I was surprised I didn’t see a thread for next year’s entering freshman class. So here it is. My D applied RD and is waiting, waiting…

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for somebody to create a thread! :slight_smile:

Last year, RD decisions came out on Wednesday, March 18th. I really hope it’s around that time this year as well.

4 Likes

Let’s hope so! I thought it wasn’t until April 1st. Maybe they’ll notify early :slight_smile:

I’m also really surprised no one did a RD chat earlier, let alone nobody did a ED/ED II thread for this year when last year’s ED/RD threads were more active. Maybe this sheds a bit of positive light on us applicants.

1 Like

Do we know when decisions are poised to come out? I haven’t really gotten any email alluding towards a decision date just says the generic no later than April 1st date so idk

I’ve seen nothing specific. Decisions seems to be later than usual this year in general.

Somebody on Reddit said that they called, and decisions will be released on March 25. (They haven’t officially said anything, so it’s possible that this isn’t 100% confirmed or accurate.)

4 Likes

I was really hoping for today based on last year but at least the 25th is before April.

I strongly doubt that it’s today. A coach at Oxy told me to expect a decision in the next week or so, but we can always hope!

1 Like

Did anyone do an interview?

Yeah, it went really well

2 Likes

Interview was ok. It was like a rapid fire round

It wasn’t my favorite interview or the one I felt the most confident in, but I definitely feel like it was one of the stronger ones (Unlike Princeton literally bombed that one lmao).

1 Like

I want to get into oxy so bad :sob:

2 Likes

are u guys thinking decisions will be released next week?

I’m betting on March 25th!

1 Like

Decisions are coming out on Thursday at 8pm EST! Oxy just posted this on Instagram.

7 Likes

Email was sent just now confirming this!

2 Likes

An hour left! I’m so anxious Occidental has been my dream school!

1 Like

Accepted with $20k/year merit award (President’s Scholarship)!!

Stats:
3.95 / 4.5 approx.
1450 SAT
IB Diploma
average ECs/Volunteering
I thought her Oxy essays were among the best she wrote. (so…many…essays)

2 Likes