Please Chance Me for Vocal Performance and Journalism. [NY resident, 3.7, 27 ACT, 1240 SAT, $40k parent contribution]

Agree that it’s impossible to chance you for audition-based programs. Do you have a non-auditioned safety, or would you be happy going into a BA music program at any of these schools if you were not admitted to the BM?

I encourage you to read the Double Degree Dilemma thread to see if pursing a double major is the right choice for you. Double Degree Dilemma essay (written by David Lane) I was a BFA Musical Theatre and BFA Arts Administration double major in college, and pursuing a double major when one of those majors is a performance degree can be quite challenging. In order to graduate in 4 years, it will likely require some summer study or an extra semester or year. It’s important to know this when considering your budget.

I see that many of the schools on your list are also schools with highly-ranked BFA Musical Theatre programs. Were those schools chosen for that reason? Know that at some of these schools, there is limited (if any) crossover between the BM and BFA programs.