Removing student label next to name

Students have the option to add “HS Junior” or “HS Senior” next to their name. How do they remove or change the label? For example, a college student came back and posted in this thread and his/her names still says “HS Senior”

@CC_Mike

They add that label by joining a Group. Each class has their own group and will automatically add a label to their name. You can see all the groups here:

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/g

I’ve updated the label for that group so that it states they are the HS Class of '21.

2 Likes

The user who replied here is not a high school student, but rather, a college student. The user is labeled as a high school student though.

Probably because when they joined, they were a HS student. I like @CC_Mike 's solution of adding Class of XX as that will always be accurate even if they come back several years later.

ETA, can we change the other HS groups to be labeled with the same format? I just saw a post by a current HS Senior that should be labelled HS Class of 2022. Here is his post with HS Senior next to his name. Public out of CA schools that can be considered safeties! - #18 by pricklypear1

2 Likes

I joined as a high schooler, that is correct, and sometimes I lurk this website as a college student…

1 Like

And your thing now says “member”

@CCMike what do the numbers and titles next to this person’s name mean? Name is HSclass2021. It appears to be a parent but has “member” after the name and the 22 graduation cap. Was it originally a student account that changed to a parent account or is a parent able to request the grad cap and the title of member?

It means they are part of the HS Class of 2022 group. Probably a parent using their child’s account. The group is not restricted, but we encourage only students to join those particular groups.

1 Like

Sorry Moderators…Yes I am a parent, and when I joined CC a few years ago, I picked my username to be HSclass21… Later realized that my S was graduating in 2022. However there was no option to change username, and so just continued…

1 Like

Would you like to change your username? It’s easy now, just PM me with your top 2 choices…

1 Like

Sounds like something I would do. Glad you were able to change your username. :blush:

1 Like