Safety schools for intl applicant looking at poli sci tangent

U. of Arizona doens’t have the same level of scholarships for international students as it does for domestic students. U. of Utah is known as having a relatively easy process for residency, but I don’t know if that applies to international students as well. If it does, then I would take a close look at U. of Utah as years 2-4 could be significantly less expensive than year 1.

I am not very knowledgeable about athletic recruiting, but I would see what your times are for your various events and compare them to the college times to see where coaches would be excited to have you. I would check out D1 & D2 schools (they give athletic money) as well as D3 schools that offer aid to international students (financial aid and/or merit aid…but these will not be athletic scholarships). I’d also take a look at Bowdoin, Harvard, Princeton, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Yale, Dartmouth, and Amherst to see what their swim times are like (they are need-blind for international students and meet full need). Then take a look at swim programs at schools that meet 100% of need, as support from the swim coach might get you an in (here’s a list of many popular colleges that indicates what percentage of need they meet). You appear to be a very strong candidate, but there are lots of strong applicants for these schools. Your swimming would be a way for you to stand out and get accepted. You may want to post in this forum for more advice about athletic recruiting: Athletic Recruits - College Confidential Forums

With respect to financial safeties, you may want to see this post which has some options you may want to consider: Match me - Intl student from India in need of advice (lib arts interests) - #69 by AustenNut