Similar to university of richmond

I’m looking for schools really similar to university of Richmond. I visited it and loved it. The campus was beautiful and the academics are really great. What schools are similar to it in terms of size, academics, and overall feel

Bucknell
Colgate
College of the Holy Cross
Wake Forest
Hobart
Lehigh
Elon
Colby

Which one would be best for business major? @wisteria100

Good list above, maybe William and Mary as well. Best for business major=Wake Forest or William and Mary

How about schools that are just a step below those schools. All those are pretty tough, I want to think of some schools that are somewhat easier to get into but still prestigious. @TTG

Gettysburg or Fordham would be a bit easier to get into

Elon is a good choice. Another one we loved is Santa Clara University–very good business school, beautiful Spanish mission style campus, California weather, and right in Silicon Valley, so intern opportunities are some of the best around.

Are you still going to apply to UR? IMO, they are one of the best for business. Elon is an amazing school. I got in there and toured it, very lovely. Most similar to UR in my opinion. Wake Forest is another great school. Its about twice the size of Richmond, but very nice. Elon should be fairly easy to get into. Maybe 50/50. Definitely easier to get in than UR.

When you’re looking for “something similar,” sometimes you have to compromise on one or more criteria. SMU and TCU would also be a bit similar except bigger. Same with Villanova? (all preppy, Div 1 sports, near big city, good in biusiness, etc)

Agree SMU, Villanova, and TCU are good choices!

@TTG Santa Clara looks great. I would love to visit it sometime soon

@rvalover7 how is elon’s business school?

@jsan81 I think its pretty nice. I have more experience with UR because most of my family went there, but Elon is a good school. When I toured I looked at strictly their science department. I’m sure there’s probably a thread about the business school somewhere.

@rvalover7 ok thank you so much. Is the campus kind of similar? I really loved Richmond’s campus

SMU’s Cox School of Business. Internship & job placement excellent. Dallas/Ft Worth fastest growing metro area in the country. Gorgeous campus and very generous with merit aid. UG business programs ranked (if that’s your concern) higher than TCU, UR & Elon.

@rvalover7 Yeah! Elon is a bit bigger than UR. I think 7,000 vs. about 4,200. Have you looked at High Point University? I have a friend there who loves it. Are finances an issue? I mention it because while Elon is cheaper than UR, its still roughly $45,000 a year. Or are you looking for somewhere a bit easier to get into?

@rvalover7 finance isn’t a problem. I’m looking for a school with a really good reputation and strong academics. So far alot on my list would be a little tough to get into, doable, but tough. I’m just trying to think of schools that meet that criteria.

1 Like

Gotcha! Will I definitely recommend applying to UR (obviously). They are one of the best schools in the country. TCU and SMU would also be great choices. Along with Wake, Elon, and High Point.

Which do you think is tougher to get into- wake or Richmond? @rvalover7

@Jsan81 They’re both pretty tough, but Wake is probably a little harder to get into than UR. They are both competitive. About a 29% vs. 31% acceptance rate.