Studio/Visual Art at Elite LACs?

Maybe more convenient, but decidedly less accurate. I don’t find the range (see graphic result that bentwookie posted above, around post #80) as very helpful when a family is deciding whether or not to apply to a school based on affordability. I won’t go into all the differences between MyIntution and NPCs, but Vassar’s MyIntuition is still set to 2022/23 academic year costs (oops), doesn’t add back 401K contributions, nor does it include student financials.

Example: I just ran Vassar’s Myintution and NPC with exactly the same inputs, both are easy and quick to complete. MyIntuition range is $21,800 (low) - $31.3 (best) - $40.9 (high). NPC = $21,645.

Conclusion: MyIntuition could result in people choosing to not apply to Vassar if the ‘best’ isn’t affordable. Even if the low estimate is affordable, an applicant might choose to not apply because they believe the low estimate likely won’t happen…yet it seems that is the closest estimate based on the NPC (which is correctly set to 2023/24 academic year). Not sure why Vassar, or any school, would want this result.

5 Likes