The Official M10 2023 Freakout Thread

For future freakouts, I will share that USPS Informed Delivery (which we already had) and signing up for the FedEx one definitely helped deflate my balloon before March 10. You have to approach Great Unknowns (having a baby, running for office, applying to schools/colleges) with 100% optimism and assume that it’s gonna be all good. But outcomes are often different. Just different. So while I had helped my twins each juggle around 8 applications for Post Graduate years at Boarding Schools, I felt confident that they’d be looking at least four options on March 10. That is not what happened. They do have options–4 for one twin, and 2 for the other.

As a parent, we have to walk such a tightrope–cheerleading going out on a limb, and then being ready to temper expectations or sooth hurt when things don’t work out as planned.

So if you’re a Parent From The Future trying to decide whether or not to peek inside Santa’s sack before M10, I’d say the positive is that you could prepare yourself for any gut punches.

Oh. The punchline? Their awesome boxes from one amazing school arrived on M10 having slipped through the notification cracks. :wink:

6 Likes