Tulane RD - Class of 2025

Tulane RD - Class of 2025 thread

1 Like

Waiting :slight_smile:

Just curious…with the notoriously low RD acceptance rates at Tulane in recent cycles, why apply RD as opposed to EA where the rates are much higher?

1 Like

Not everyone’s ready to apply by then

Why is that?

Y does it matter?

1 Like

The biggest reason to apply RD is if your GPA still needs a bit of a boost and you want to wait so your schools can consider first semester grades from senior year. With Tulane it seems they may have deferred so many from EA to RD to see those grades.

1 Like

It matters because RD acceptance rates have hovered between 3-6% the last several cycles, whereas EA acceptance has been more than quadruple that. Getting in line early matters…there are only so many seats. So if a student is applying RD because they didn’t plan and prioritize applying EA, they need to realize how significantly they have impacted their likelihood of being accepted and adjust their expectations accordingly.

1 Like

You realize that Tulane isn’t everyone’s top choice right?

1 Like

Yes I do, and you have further proven my point. Good luck.

Wow, you are so rude for no reason. It’s not about whether or not a student “prioritizes applying EA.” These students could have certain academic or personal circumstances that prevented them from applying early. And Tulane not being someone’s top choice doesn’t prove your point at all, it just means that some people aren’t ready to fully commit to a school that they may have never visited before. Please try to be more understanding.

6 Likes

So true. My son applied RD because as an international student he needed more time to familiarize himself with US colleges and the whole process. There are so many colleges and he was not able to visit any of them in person because of Covid. He is also a transfer student pursuing a double major and his college workload had to be juggled with completing his applications.

5 Likes

Thank you for saying that!!! I’ve been trying to report this dude’s comments for so long and finally someone put him in his place. Haha

3 Likes

omg same! they are probably just a rando who didnt even apply to college this year lol like what are they doing on the TU RD thread if they didnt apply to TU RD? just to make ppl feel bad which is so unnecessary

2 Likes

I reported the comment saying it’s offensive and hurtful but @skieurope replied with “no it’s not”. This is why cyber bullying still exists @skieurope .

3 Likes

Let’s move the conversation back to Tulane please.

4 Likes

To add some different perspective, I don’t think the above poster meant to offend anyone. IMO, their comment was meant to caution everyone that if you weren’t able to apply early, brace yourself for very low admissions chances. And that doesn’t mean you aren’t a very strong candidate. It’s a numbers reality.

It’s not possible for everyone to apply early for various, very acceptable reasons. But for future kids reading this sub, just know that if you can manage to apply early, you will have a slight edge. I wish you all the best.

6 Likes

Anyways… does anyone know when decisions are likely to be released? Any info on previous years, posts from from Tulane , etc?

2 Likes

reddit says April 1st

By April 1st or on April 1st all at once?

1 Like