UC Davis Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Yes Aggie Day was super windy but we did take a walking tour of the campus, sat in on the housing/dining and College of Letters & Sciences presentations which were informative. But for us the deal clencher was being able to talk to representatives & faculty at the Majors fair. They were so helpful and provided great insight about her double majoring in Design & Cognitive Science or Science and Technology. She can even add a Comp Sci minor which is really hard to do at other colleges given how impacted that program is. The fact that they are so supportive of interdisciplinary learning across multiple majors in the same college which is important to my daughter solidified her decision. She committed on the spot :slight_smile: We also attended Cal Poly’s open house the day prior but while their event was a bit more cohesive we felt her studies would be much more limited there. Also felt that the Graphic Communications major at Cal Poly seemed behind the times (focusing so much on print) in comparison for someone wanting a cutting edge program in UX/UI Design and AI. My daughter also preferred the large campus, more people and proximity to 2 large cities that Davis offers. She can deal with the cow smell since she rode horses for years and loves all animals lol. I was also impressed with the emphasis on sustainability of Davis overall. Go Aggies!

11 Likes