UC Irvine Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Welcome prospective Anteaters. It’s that time of year again as the UC application has now opened and submission starts November 1. I am @Gumbymom one of the two UC Forum Champions/Moderators. My Co-Forum Champion is @lkg4answers and we are knowledgeable on the increasingly complicated UC admissions process and hopefully we can help any prospective UC applicants with their questions.

UC Irvine like all the UC’s are test blind this admission cycle and will use 13 areas of criteria to review Freshman applicants. Each campus will weight the various areas of criteria differently so one size does not fit all. The UC application website has plenty of information that can help determine if UC Irvine is a good option when applying. Below is some admit information specific to the school. Best of Luck.

2021 Capped Weighted UC GPA Middle 25-75 percentile for admitted students: 3.96-4.28

Application review:

• Very important : Academic GPA, Personal Insight questions, Extracurricular activities, Rigor of secondary school record, Talent/ability, Volunteer work, Work experience
  • Important : Character/personal qualities
  • Considered : First Generation, Geographical residence, State residency
  • Note : Demonstrated record of academic preparation, educational engagement, talent and skills important.

UCI admits into the University first and then into the major. In the case that UCI is unable to accommodate all qualified applicants in their first-choice major, those students who indicate a valid alternate major may be offered admission in that major or Undeclared.

2 Likes

Now that your UC applications have been submitted, here are some items on your “to do list” as you wait for your decisions.

1. Setup your student portal: Portal information will be emailed during December. Always check your Spam folder in case you do not receive your portal email.

2. Check your emails from all applied schools regularly for updates. Again check the Spam folder if necessary.

3. Look into housing options since the Housing application opens March 1, 2022

4. Remember to file your FASFA if applying for financial aid. Deadline is March 2, 2022 but get it in early.

Admission decisions for UCI:
Regents/CHP decisions last year were posted on March 5, 2021. In past years, end of February through Early March has been the timeline.

Regular Decisions are rolling batches which started last year on March 12, 2021 so expect Mid-March this year.

5 Likes

Thank you for the info Gumbymom

1 Like

Got am email about campus life from
UCI. Is this sent to all applicants? Looks like it since it a very generic email

Yes, a mass email for all applicants.

1 Like

Just want to confirm. UC’s decision is not yet released, right? Thanks!

Each UC releases their decision on a different date. UCI will admit some high stats students in Feb and the majority of students in March.

2 Likes

The only email my son received asked him about his interest in their honors program. Otherwise it is pretty quiet.

3 Likes

UCI recently updated their website to include information for admitted students, including an in-person open house on April 16.

6 Likes

I got an email saying that they had received my financial aid and looked over it and that I could view my financial aid application status. Did anyone else get this??

1 Like

No did not get it

I got it as well.

Did you submit fafsa?

no. didn’t get it

Yes, we received the email about financial aid.

Did you submit the fafsa?

We received the email and yes, we submitted the FAFSA.

1 Like

We got it

1 Like

Same