UMass Amherst Class of 2027 EA thread

Starting a thread for fall 2023 EA applicants. Now that the Nov. 5th deadline is behind us, does anyone know when decisions will begin rolling out?

6 Likes

I seem to recall seeing that last year notifications began in early December.

2 Likes

D was notified December 7, 2021.

3 Likes

Two years ago, they did it in big batches. The first one was in mid-December, the second one (which was when my son received his acceptance) was in early/mid January and I know there were other batches after that as well.

1 Like

Does anyone know whether Admissions would consider an unofficial first quarter transcript if we wanted to add it to our son’s application? I ask because my son has a very heavy schedule in his senior year and is doing well and we are wondering if it could help with his application submitted under EA timeline. The reason it would be unofficial is because our school only issues official transcripts at the end of a semester. Thank you for your help!

I’d send. We are on quarters too, but I believe updates are being sent to colleges seniors have already applied to-maybe his guidance counselor will send to make it more “official”?

1 Like

Yes, just spoke to the school guidance counselor and she will send.

1 Like

Excited to find out!

Chance for this Tuesday?

Not sure. On their Instagram acct, Admissions said students would receive an email this week with information about when decisions would begin rolling out and the wave process. It’s already Friday and my son hasn’t received an email yet. Anyone see one?

2 Likes

I can’t find that on Instagram and no email here either

1 Like

It was in a comment under a post from a couple of weeks ago I think in response to a question on when decisions would begin rolling out

Thanks, found it. :crossed_fingers:

Possible on 12/7 ?

Possible - in the past they’ve released on Tuesdays, so maybe Dec 6 or 12?

1 Like

On the website it said the earliest would be 12/14

Where did you find that on their website? Tried to look for it but don’t see it.

When does Umass Amherst release early action?

First-Year: Early Action (Fall)

Admission decisions will be communicated beginning in mid-December. There are three possible decisions for Early Action applicants: Students may be offered admission for the fall term, contingent on successful completion of the senior year.

1 Like

Google Early Action decision UMass Amherst Fall 2023

2 Likes

I’ve done that and only see the previously quoted mid-December timeframe. So it could indeed be December 14. Or not.

4 Likes