University of Alabama ranking drops to No. 153 in 2020 U.S. News college rankings - what now?

So many people here, and elsewhere, really like to put Bama down. Why exactly, other then personal bias/prejudice, I don’t know.

My DS graduated with an EE degree in 2019. He had a spectacular experience. Met friends from all over the country. Recently went to a wedding of friends he met there, and their friend group from Bama all went to the wedding and stayed a few days to spend time together.

DS works for the DoD, from his group: Lockheed Martin, Boeing, P&G, and GE being the bigger names. Most were OOS, high stat kids who loved their time at Bama.

Looking at the data for positive cases, UA’s numbers are on the downturn. That stuff is a moving target, but I know on the parent pages, there isn’t a lot of concern being expressed. Most kids seem to be vaccinated.

This is from UA’s website:

The UA campus requirement for face coverings extends through Oct. 1. Face coverings are now required inside all non-residential campus buildings, including all classrooms and academic buildings, and on campus transportation. The rule applies to everyone, regardless of vaccination status.

• Everyone on campus is strongly encouraged to get vaccinated to [Protect Our Herd] UA will continue to offer the vaccines at no cost through the [Student Health Center]
  • Students, faculty and staff should report vaccines received off campus. Participating students will receive a thank-you Bama Cash reward.
  • Proper handwashing and hygiene practices are expected.
  • Individuals are responsible for cleaning/sanitizing personal workspaces.

What’s Offered

• Voluntary testing remains readily available at SHC and UMC.
  • Touchless hand sanitizer stations are provided throughout campus.
  • Vaccines continue to be available at no cost through the Student Health Center ]
  • Students who provide proof of their COVID vaccinationwill receive a $40 Bama Cash reward.
3 Likes