University of Colorado Boulder EA for Fall 2023

University of Colorado Boulder offers Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Early Action (EA) deadline for Fall 2022 admission at CU Boulder is November 15.

All early action applicants should receive an admissions decision by February 1. For more information visit the University of Colorado Boulder page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other CU Boulder applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to University of Colorado Boulder? Why CU Boulder? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other CU Boulder topics visit the university-of-colorado-boulder tag on CC Forums .

Have more information about CU Boulder Early Action?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

1 Like

Anyone else’s kid planning to do the supplemental music major application? My D is interested in double majoring (BA) in music. She is so busy with marching band and this is the only school on her list that allows you to apply/audition for a double major, so she is going to go for it. No harm no foul which is cool.

2 Likes

Any chance EA acceptances will come out early?

My daughter received her acceptance 1/21 last year.

My daughter received hers 1/22/21 two years ago.

I’ve read that EA decisions are almost always on the third Friday in January.

1 Like

Hope so!

1 Like

Anyone contact Admissions to see if decisions may come today (1/13)?

2 Likes

Last year they posted on social media the day decisions were coming out. The past couple of years it has been around the 20th/21st, so we’re assuming next Friday. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Admissions page said they would notify no later than Feb 1

1 Like

Two parents posted on the CU Parents page that their child received their acceptances yesterday (Biochemistry & Civil Engineering majors) but many other parents are posting that their child is still waiting. I had my son check his portal and no decision yet (Aerospace major). Anyone else hear yet??

Nothing here.

My son doesn’t have a decision yet either. We are OOS - NY. On Reddit I saw it may have been in-state kids with a particular scholarship.

2 Likes

I am pretty sure students who live in Colorado are notified sooner than those out of state. The decisions for out of state should be tomorrow (1/20). I will keep you all posted!

1 Like

Decisions are tomorrow? That’s great!

A few colleges seem to be waiting on RD applications before giving EA answers. Perhaps it’s a way to ensure they give in-state apps priority? Though, I don’t know how much review they can give RD apps in one or two weeks.

1 Like

I think it’s pretty certain that decisions are coming out tomorrow. My withdraw application button is gone and I heard that happened last year as well before decisions came out. Can anyone else check to see if their button is gone too? It’s below the scholarship application button and above the term button.

5 Likes

Now only an empty box appears… Good observation

It was there just an hour ago though!

2 Likes

Oooh this is exciting! We have a blank box there too. :slight_smile:

Yes, ours is blank too! Is that a good sign?

I read in last year’s thread that it happens to everyone so I’m not really sure. I also heard a few more boxes will disappear over the next few hours.

1 Like