University of Miami Waitlist Class of 2025

Hi! I’ve noticed a good amount of applicants to the University of Miami have been waitlisted this year, so I thought I’d create a place for waitlisted students to chat!

UMiami Class of 2025 RD
University of Miami Deferred Class of 2025

4 Likes

We should all say are major because I believe when someone is accepted but won’t attend they look through the pool of the people waitlisted in that field or major. (Entrepreneurship)
I really want to get accepted but might have settle for state school

Can they still spring admit from the waitlist?

No I think I read that waitlists go into the fall semester

1 Like

Econ!

Community and Applied Psychological Studies in School of Ed and Human Development.

biomedical engineering

hi all, do you have to submit a letter of continued interest after you’ve submitted the waitlist form or nah

you don’t need to but i feel like its expected and will help your chances, i only wrote one bc miami is my top school and i just reiterated that in my email

1 Like

Does anyone think we could hear before May 1st?

yes - I know people who got in the last two weeks of April off the waitlist.

neuroscience!

Hi has anyone got in off waitlist yet?? Hoping I do!!

2 Likes

no.

has anyone talked to admissions? has anyone heard anything from them at all?

I sent my admissions counsellor a LOCI and she replied within minutes. I don’t know when the waitlist will start to be used though.

1 Like

Was the reply a personal note, or was it a formatted response…like we know this wasn’t the response you were hoping for, but blah blah blah.

Does anyone still think we will hear before the 1st

1 Like

Mixture of both. Specific lines citing elements of the LOCI and some canned sentences in the template response.

Efficient.

Her response was quick but personal, just thanking me for my “strong continued interest”