University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

I have found the Pitt portal isn’t exactly intuitive. To check to see if your application is complete, login to the portal (not the app on your phone). You should see a bunch of rectangles with various links. Find the one that says “Access the Student Information System.” That will take you to your login screen. From there, if you haven’t set up the page yet, you will see basically a blank page with just your user name in the dark blue banner at the top. If you look to the right of the screen, you will see a small clickable link that says “content.” Click on it. A white box will pop up on the screen. Check the box for main menu and then save. You should, hopefully, then see a box on the left side of the screen with the main menu in it. The second heading should say “self service.” Click on that and the self service menu will appear on your screen. Look for the “Admissions” or “Student Admissions” tab (they both seem to have the same info). Now click on “Application Status.” Finally, you will see your application number, date you applied, etc. Underneath of that information, it should say “This application is complete.” If it is not complete, I’m assuming that it will tell you what is still needed.

Hope this helps! If all you have available is the app on your phone, you may still be able to check your application status. You’ll just need to go down to the bottom of the drop down menu and select “Full Peoplesoft Site.” From there, you should be able to follow the steps above. It’s not working on my phone currently (that link isn’t opening), but we’ve done it in the past.

5 Likes