USC Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Hi @cheedu !
Congratulations again on your D’s Spring Acceptance. There are plenty of parents/students here that had the same concerns. Other things not mentioned in my previous post @CADREAMIN linked:

1. Other threads that may help: Spring Admit 2021, Spring Admit 2022 (you probably knew about this, but I didn’t see your name among those that have posted)

2. Housing is usually the biggest question mark for Spring Admits. I spoke with the Housing office a few weeks ago, and while the person I spoke to acknowledged housing isn’t explicitly guaranteed, she said she doesn’t know of any students in the past few years who were no assigned on campus housing as Spring Admits. Given the campus opening this Fall, I have no doubt housing assignments will work out. A call to the housing office would give you some peace.

3. If she hasn’t already, your D should contact each of the clubs she has any interest in. Some many not be open for her til Spring, but at least you demonstrate interest (yes, USC records demonstrated interest :wink: My son reached out early, which allowed him to join social media groups in the Fall. She should have a 2022 Spring Admit GroupMe (if they still use that)

Spring Welcome Week is amazing. Plan to attend with her, if that’s an option.

4 Likes