USC Class of 2027 — Regular & Early Action Decisions

a couple of questions.

1. Can I still send a recommendation to USC? At the time of submission I only submitted 1 teacher rec as was asked, but I do have a professor rec from research outside of school which I used for other schools and did not bother using for USC thinking that it isn’t allowed, is it possible to send this in?
  2. What is the best way to indicate USC is my first choice school. Obviously the essay is one and I’ve already turned that in as a part of my EA application, but should I email the admissions office(or my personal ao) indicating this? any recommendation on how to approach this
  3. does usc admit major/college? I applied for one of the two available majors under the medical school, which I think are much less commonly applied to than the other schools of USC due to their nature, does that matter though?
  4. Is class rank considered for USC admissions, because the CDS says it isn’t, and among my profile my class rank is probably the weakest part(coming from an extremely competitive public hs) even though my stats numerically are above the CDS average, so was just curious on how having a lower class rank can hurt (lower in the context of top schools not actually a low rank)
1 Like