UT Austin Campus Visits: Share Your Tips & Recommendations

Did you recently visit University of Texas at Austin? Share your experience with the community! Post your review in the comments below.

Some ideas for what to share:

• When did you visit?
  • Where did you stay? Would you recommend it?
  • Where did you eat? Did you try any local specialties?
  • How did you get there? What’s the best transportation mean to get to-from the campus?
  • What was the campus vibe?
  • What did you think of the dorms?
  • What are some must-see things in or around campus?
  • How were the school facilities?
  • Did you like it more or less than you thought you would? Why?
  • Did anything surprise you?

We’d love to hear any tips or recommendations you can share for people planning their UT Austin visit!

1 Like

Hi! My LHD is 2025 - Moody PR/ADV major; McCombs Business minor (pretty common)

• When did you visit?

February for overnight, city exploration (from Houston). Can’t remember which month for tour.

• Where did you stay? Would you recommend it?

We’ve stayed at various Hiltons and Marriotts to get a feel for different parts of the city and for better rates. We’ve also stayed at AT&T Conference center (nice but can be expensive) and Moxy (small boutique and on Guadalupe. They have DJ parties on weekend, so be prepared for thumping music until 2:00 a.m. But great Monday - Thursday).

• Where did you eat? Did you try any local specialties?

Mozarts is a favorite. Coffee, pastries, and breakfast. There are other restaurants in the same complex, and they overlook the river.

• How did you get there? What’s the best transportation mean to get to-from the campus?

Street parking if you aren’t staying at a walkable hotel.

• What was the campus vibe?

Laid back. Involved. Everything you’ve heard about the school.

• What did you think of the dorms?

Didn’t tour dorms. She’s stayed in West Campus: Castilian her first year, in sorority house this year, and moving into an as-yet-to-be completed West Campus apartment next year.

• What are some must-see things in or around campus?

Tour it all!

• How were the school facilities?

Haven’t seen much inside. I wish we’d been able on our tour.

• Did you like it more or less than you thought you would? Why?

She loves everything about it. Size. Greek life. School spirit. Major. Opportunities. City.

• Did anything surprise you?

I have been horrifying surprised at how housing basically doubles college cost.

I have been very, very pleasantly surprised at how great the things she loves about going there are.

3 Likes